There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great opportunities & hard work in a beautiful city near the mountains

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Live in Colorado near the Rocky Mountains! Ride your bike to a great office in Meridian, just south of Denver. Professionally I was pushed out of my comfort zone and assigned tasks that were beyond my experience, but this made me grow professionally and I was eventually rewarded with a promotion as I began to take risks and propose new ideas.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work long hours, and sometimes you're not even thanked for it. The pay isn't exceptional. In fact it's less than at competitors according to this website.

High turnover of employees from entry level to high level executives. There were 3 CMOs in the 4 years I worked there.

The pay television industry is mature, and all cable/satellite providers are struggling.

Retain your best employees -- too many have left for better paying jobs at with your competitors.

1765 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Sad, but a great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - Loyalty Coach  in  Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Loyalty Coach in Alvin, TX

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Being able to have your own personality, great co-workers, Positive atmosphere

Cons

not always knowing why you were fired exactly,

I would most definantly make sure that ALL employees read the entire handbook before being hired on, because i got fired for saying something that I truly did not feel that it would impact the way it did. I was not given discipline steps or anything just fired after 6 years of loyalty and (True Loyalty) There was none in return

Great place to work with great people in a beautiful spot on Earth.

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intelligent people, challenging projects, a sense of accomplishment that is recognized and rewarded by management and excellent compensation. The Glassdoor ratings are out of line with reality, in my opinion. This is one of the top 3 places I have worked in 25+ years and I am proud to be here.

Cons

Health benefits are below average for this area and industry. While salary is competitive, offering only a high-deductible "disaster plan" as the most desirable option is somewhat pathetic for a Fortune 200 company.

Keep up the good work on employee engagement and please improve the benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!