There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great opportunities & hard work in a beautiful city near the mountains

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Live in Colorado near the Rocky Mountains! Ride your bike to a great office in Meridian, just south of Denver. Professionally I was pushed out of my comfort zone and assigned tasks that were beyond my experience, but this made me grow professionally and I was eventually rewarded with a promotion as I began to take risks and propose new ideas.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work long hours, and sometimes you're not even thanked for it. The pay isn't exceptional. In fact it's less than at competitors according to this website.

High turnover of employees from entry level to high level executives. There were 3 CMOs in the 4 years I worked there.

The pay television industry is mature, and all cable/satellite providers are struggling.

Advice to Management

Retain your best employees -- too many have left for better paying jobs at with your competitors.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Sad, but a great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - Loyalty Coach in Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Loyalty Coach in Alvin, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to have your own personality, great co-workers, Positive atmosphere

Cons

not always knowing why you were fired exactly,

Advice to Management

I would most definantly make sure that ALL employees read the entire handbook before being hired on, because i got fired for saying something that I truly did not feel that it would impact the way it did. I was not given discipline steps or anything just fired after 6 years of loyalty and (True Loyalty) There was none in return

2. great experience but very long hours

Former Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked as a product marketing specialist at Dish for 2.5 years. I was part of the team that launched the hopper at the CES in 2012. I see a lot of negative reviews on this site, but it looks like those from the Dish Network Services and Customer Service departments. Working in marketing was a great experience for me.

- Experience: working at a large corporation developing and deploying a platform to a nationwide subscriber base. Great for my resume!
    - Learning: the hopper is a robust device and platform with satellite tuners, an internet modem, apps, tuners, private (now public) APIs, a gigantic hard drive, and connections to large VOD and OTT services. I had to learn about this complex ecosystem, which was challenging and fun.
    - Leadership: I got the opportunity
    - Responsibility: Before Dish I was working at AT&T where I felt like another body in a cubicle and my contributions were insignificant, but at Dish I really felt a sense of ownership and team.

Cons

One thing I don't miss about Dish is working such long hours. I always took work home and was answering emails on the weekend. The vacation policy really sucked as well, but I hear it's gotten better in the last year. I hope so because 10 of PTO was not enough.

Also, the pay isn't great. For me, it was a great experience for 2.5 years, but I was glad to move on.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees. Too many of the best leave because of better pay elsewhere after they get experience at Dish.