DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great opportunities & hard work in a beautiful city near the mountains

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Live in Colorado near the Rocky Mountains! Ride your bike to a great office in Meridian, just south of Denver. Professionally I was pushed out of my comfort zone and assigned tasks that were beyond my experience, but this made me grow professionally and I was eventually rewarded with a promotion as I began to take risks and propose new ideas.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work long hours, and sometimes you're not even thanked for it. The pay isn't exceptional. In fact it's less than at competitors according to this website.

High turnover of employees from entry level to high level executives. There were 3 CMOs in the 4 years I worked there.

The pay television industry is mature, and all cable/satellite providers are struggling.

Retain your best employees -- too many have left for better paying jobs at with your competitors.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Great team work, training, and learning experiences that have expanded my abilities.

Former Employee - Partner Loyalty Specialist in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Partner Loyalty Specialist in Thornton, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Teams worked well together. Many resources. Schedule fit to needs. Good and informational training to help us help the customers. A lot of sales and upsale experience gained.

Cons

The older employees would slack more when new employees would come to team. Cleanliness.

Cleaner enviroments. Employees to have high goals so there is no chance of slacking off.

Sad, but a great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - Loyalty Coach in Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Loyalty Coach in Alvin, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to have your own personality, great co-workers, Positive atmosphere

Cons

not always knowing why you were fired exactly,

I would most definantly make sure that ALL employees read the entire handbook before being hired on, because i got fired for saying something that I truly did not feel that it would impact the way it did. I was not given discipline steps or anything just fired after 6 years of loyalty and (True Loyalty) There was none in return

There are newer employer reviews for DISH