DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Great opportunities & hard work in a beautiful city near the mountains

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Live in Colorado near the Rocky Mountains! Ride your bike to a great office in Meridian, just south of Denver. Professionally I was pushed out of my comfort zone and assigned tasks that were beyond my experience, but this made me grow professionally and I was eventually rewarded with a promotion as I began to take risks and propose new ideas.

Cons

Everyone is expected to work long hours, and sometimes you're not even thanked for it. The pay isn't exceptional. In fact it's less than at competitors according to this website.

High turnover of employees from entry level to high level executives. There were 3 CMOs in the 4 years I worked there.

The pay television industry is mature, and all cable/satellite providers are struggling.

Retain your best employees -- too many have left for better paying jobs at with your competitors.

2009 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Sad, but a great place to learn and grow

Former Employee - Loyalty Coach in Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Loyalty Coach in Alvin, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to have your own personality, great co-workers, Positive atmosphere

Cons

not always knowing why you were fired exactly,

I would most definantly make sure that ALL employees read the entire handbook before being hired on, because i got fired for saying something that I truly did not feel that it would impact the way it did. I was not given discipline steps or anything just fired after 6 years of loyalty and (True Loyalty) There was none in return

first job out of college gave me wealth of experience and world of opportunities

Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I started as an intern in the finance department and then worked as an analyst. I got to work directly with CFO Roberto Olson -- as an INTERN! This job opened a lot of doors for me and I'm still in touch with some of my managers. His recommendation helped me get my subsequent job in international business.

Pay wasn't incredible, but I'm glad I had this job as I learned a lot about the industry and gained valuable relationships.

I still follow the news about Ergen closely. For me, working behind a leader I can believe in is important, and Ergen is a true entrepreneur who has built the company from the ground up. From my perspective, he was always open to new ideas from other employees and eager to gain a competitive edge and to innovate faster/better.

Cons

long hours and poor travel accommodations (cheap hotels, meals, and flights).

There are newer employer reviews for DISH