DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Exec's don't care about their people.

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like the industry. It's fast-paced and always interesting. I am challenged and always learning. I like the team I work.

Cons

Every expense report is audited down to the penny. I had my expense report adjusted for $0.67 because I tipped more that 15%. If you clock in at 9:01 AM, a report used to be sent to your VP and they would come to your desk asking why you were 1 minute late. Then the VP was required to report back to HR. They supposedly stopped this after we were voted the "worst company" the first time. From what I have been told by several people, they still keep track of all the times you are "late" and it is kept in your employee file. When you are up for promotion they will look at your tardy report. However, they don't look at a report showing who left at 8:00 PM or who was working on VPN until 3:00 AM.

Act like you care. Take action immediately to demonstrate that you want to change the culture.

1877 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Unorganized and stressful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some great coworkers and free TV service.

Cons

Management does not know what how to balance specialized departments and is constantly changing policies, there is little communication between departments, its nearly impossible to move up in the company. Also, they took away pay for performance bonuses.

To upper management: please have a better understanding of exactly what each of your specialized departments do before you make policy changes. Also, micro managing may make work well for some but for others, it causes much stress and discomfort which inhibits the ability to do the job to the best of our capabilities.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Bogart, GA
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Bogart, GA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Daily Challenge of the job (it's a tough job both mentally and psychically), Dish Programming, Paycheck doesn't bounce

Cons

Everyday could be your last, Management has a "Be happy you have a job mentality", The "Pi" scale is a setup for failure, "Think Safety", useless it gets in the way of doing your job, "Training" seems more like legal disclaimer, "Balance family and work" is only for Management, "The job is constantly changing" the process hasn't. Being told how to do a job by someone who has never done the job. "Smart Home sale" is more important than the job.
     Unfortunately, the list goes on

Practice what you preach