DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Exec's don't care about their people.

Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I like the industry. It's fast-paced and always interesting. I am challenged and always learning. I like the team I work.

Cons

Every expense report is audited down to the penny. I had my expense report adjusted for $0.67 because I tipped more that 15%. If you clock in at 9:01 AM, a report used to be sent to your VP and they would come to your desk asking why you were 1 minute late. Then the VP was required to report back to HR. They supposedly stopped this after we were voted the "worst company" the first time. From what I have been told by several people, they still keep track of all the times you are "late" and it is kept in your employee file. When you are up for promotion they will look at your tardy report. However, they don't look at a report showing who left at 8:00 PM or who was working on VPN until 3:00 AM.

Act like you care. Take action immediately to demonstrate that you want to change the culture.

2002 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Worst company to work for in America for two years in a row, and they earned it.

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Discount of Dish service. Decent raises for good performers when they don't find an excuse not to give them. Profit sharing in Dish stock is nice, but it only performs well because they are bleeding their employees dry.

Cons

No respect for employees' lives. Constant mandatory changes to schedule, including making you work extra days, extending appointment windows for extremely long days, calling you in on your days off. No job security. They created a system with rules everyone has to break to complete their jobs, so they can fire anyone whenever they feel like it. Terrible health insurance. Terrible starting pay and terrible salaries for management. Everything they do to "improve life at Dish" is just a trade. Give you something, but make you pay for it somewhere else.

Learn that employees are human beings, not tools, and should be treated accordingly.

If you can survive, not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Trainer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Trainer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Highly recognizable resume builder for professionals in the call center world. Surviving 3 years with Dish has shown potential employers that I can take direction, follow rules, and go with the flow of the culture they have established.

Cons

It is a warm body factory that does not account for the human spirit or experience. Phone reps are not allowed to use the restroom unless they are on break and are told in training that their bladder will learn the schedule and if it can't then to get a note from your Dr. to get ADA accommodation to use the bathroom on the clock.

Management isn't the issue, the culture is. Not sure how to stop an established culture of churn and burn.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH