always a fresh challenge and an opportunity to learn

Current Employee - Front End Developer  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work as a front end software developer in the New York City office, so it may or may not be relevant to other offices and departments. Here's my 2 cents:
- Leadership: I enjoy working with industry veterans from companies that Dish and its subsidiaries have acquired like Move Networks and Sling -- two of the earliest online video companies
- Innovation: Our team at Dish is always working on new platforms and systems and pushing the envelope! Exploring Roku, Smart TVs, new mobile platforms. This lets me keep learning and developing myself professionally.
- Vision: Dish seems to have a clear long term vision which includes the wireless industry. I like working in a company that's growing!
- Opportunity: Dish has a disproportionate number of young managers and leaders. Management seems to notice when someone takes initiative

Cons

- large company with so many employees means the deployments are slow and any organizational change takes years!
- not enough PDO

Other Reviews for DISH

it was a great job to have

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Springfield, MA

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

the wages was great and the pay was beautiful

Cons

working long days...and manager sucks

Current employee in a management position

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a paycheck, It's a job, and in this lovely economy that's a good thing.

Cons

Crappy Pay
    Crappy Hours
    Good Ole Boys Club
    Charlie is out of day to day ops, but the Pinheads he hired in executive positions are still here so nothing has really changed-Joe is trying though
    No recognition of hard work
    Definitely no reward for hard work
    The epitome of "Do as I say, Not as I do" mentality
    Emphasis on ass kissing

Listen to your employees for a change and stop thinking that just because they aren't happy doesn't mean we are all disgruntled former employees. The round tables seemed like a great idea, right up until we found out that HR management vets the data and then decides what is given to Joe to review. You want to know what’s going on around here, look at the raw complaints, not the watered down vetted ones that the HR Gestapo sends up to Joe. Management rewards the ass kisser and ignores the rest and dismisses them as disgruntled when they don't buy into the crap they dish out. Offer real solutions, and here's a hint, LEAD training is a joke, and even the employees recognize that it's merely meant to give the appearance that you are trying to change things. The worst offenders are most of the executive staff that to this day still thinks that they are not the problem. You cannot fix stupid, and Dish is loaded with stupid people and most of them are in management. Charlie is a great visionary and strategic planner, but a lousy leader, so it was a good move on his part to bring in Joe Clayton to run the operation. But Joe has a tough road ahead of him to change this pathetic culture that runs rampant within these walls! And one other thing, recognition is great, but a pat on the back DOES NOT PAY our bills. You want to show gratitude, give people more than a lousy 1-3% raise, especially when you are banking $300M+ net profits every quarter!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!