DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

always a fresh challenge and an opportunity to learn

Current Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work as a front end software developer in the New York City office, so it may or may not be relevant to other offices and departments. Here's my 2 cents:
- Leadership: I enjoy working with industry veterans from companies that Dish and its subsidiaries have acquired like Move Networks and Sling -- two of the earliest online video companies
- Innovation: Our team at Dish is always working on new platforms and systems and pushing the envelope! Exploring Roku, Smart TVs, new mobile platforms. This lets me keep learning and developing myself professionally.
- Vision: Dish seems to have a clear long term vision which includes the wireless industry. I like working in a company that's growing!
- Opportunity: Dish has a disproportionate number of young managers and leaders. Management seems to notice when someone takes initiative

Cons

- large company with so many employees means the deployments are slow and any organizational change takes years!
- not enough PDO

1856 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Hard work definitely pays off.

Current Employee - Lead in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Lead in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We get to work in a fun industry. Who doesn't like TV? The company is positioning itself to be able to last well into the future. It's a fun ride to think about where we will go. There is visionary leadership at the top.

Cons

Communication could still get better. Sometimes things change so quickly that not everyone knows at the same time. It continues to improve through things like e-mails from our CEO and All Team Meetings.

Tell your employees you are thinking about how your decisions impact them. I know most are. People need the communication and recognition.

Very unfaithful company..

Current Employee - Customer Services/Retention
    Current Employee - Customer Services/Retention

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

15 years you might get your own parking space.

Cons

I been with the company for over years 10. I seen employees come and go. Managers directors you name it. Well this what its been going lately. I feel that dish has to many metrics, all they focus on just metrics and numbers. They don't care about the employees. Last month dish has come up with "PEP" Performance Expectation Plan. There's over 890 close to 1000 employees at the location I am at. At least over 500 employees are not meeting the goals. Its impossible to meet the percentage they want us to do. The metrics they have are consist of 10 metrics. But there's more then 10. Also feel like were in office space where one person does one mistake you have at least 8 to 9 different bosses asking why you made mistake. They make everything big deal. THERES also one big thing I hate about Dish. Its very stupid and very crazy. Does not matter if you been there working 1 or 2 or 10 yrs. But in order to get paid for holiday as example Christmas or Thanksgiving. You must work the day before and the day after in order to get paid for holiday. Also if you work on that day you must work 100% of the day. I feel that day before and day after has nothing to do with the holiday. I have work for other company's and they don't do that. Also what they would do if they new there's holiday coming up and if you have hours where you can take a day off. They would literally close the day so you can not be off. They been doing this for years. I saw one person at work lost holiday because they were 1 min late to work. The only reason they were late the pc was not working to log in. Now the pay, How everything is right with the economy. Does not matter what state your in. But for the job I do dish pays more at another state. They don't want to be equal across the board there equal implement those PEP across the company but there not equal to pay the same rate at other states. Dish has over 6 call centers here in the U.S. Also in order to get updo you must be at final to ask for it and must have a doctor excuse in order to ask for one. Other than that good look on having job after emergency call knowing that your children comes first when you have to be out because something to your children you have to be out for one to two days.

Managers should stop harassing employees

There are newer employer reviews for DISH