There are newer employer reviews for DISH

always a fresh challenge and an opportunity to learn

Current Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Front End Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work as a front end software developer in the New York City office, so it may or may not be relevant to other offices and departments. Here's my 2 cents:
- Leadership: I enjoy working with industry veterans from companies that Dish and its subsidiaries have acquired like Move Networks and Sling -- two of the earliest online video companies
- Innovation: Our team at Dish is always working on new platforms and systems and pushing the envelope! Exploring Roku, Smart TVs, new mobile platforms. This lets me keep learning and developing myself professionally.
- Vision: Dish seems to have a clear long term vision which includes the wireless industry. I like working in a company that's growing!
- Opportunity: Dish has a disproportionate number of young managers and leaders. Management seems to notice when someone takes initiative

Cons

- large company with so many employees means the deployments are slow and any organizational change takes years!
- not enough PDO

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

No job security.

Current Employee - Field Technician
    Current Employee - Field Technician

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paycheck. Dont have to Work with a boss looking over shoulder

Cons

you could be a top notch tech who shows up everyday & never calls in and Sucks when you still get fired over 1 bad month. Managers dont comunicate with you untill you have a metric that starts to hurt the company.then they are on you threating you to get it right or you will be fired. No matter if youve been there 10 days or 10years it does'nt matter.The only thing that is important to dish is numbers.For the most part you do control your numbers but once in awhile you have a bad month & all you can do is work through it. They dont care nothing about you or your family . Ive never worked for a company that was so disconneted from its employees & felt so unappreciated. sucks when you really enjoy installing satellites but you cant do to constantly thinking about getting fired on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

I dont know. The managers are nothing more than puppets who do what there told. They do nothing more but the crap office work that nobody wants to do that has to be done. Pointless to go to them for anything. They dont know anything about satellite and if they were previous techs they still wont know whats going on do to the constant change in equiptment & tecnology.

2. DISH, truly the worst company to work for.

Former Employee - Field Resource Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Field Resource Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The starting pay is good and you're at work for the majority of your day, your co workers become like your second family.

Cons

You soon realize that the starting pay is not enough for everything that keeps getting pilled up on you. If you show you are able to handle the work load you are then expected to do more. Many times I saw co workers put in extra hours or work on their days off (myself included) to come up with ideas or do things to train or help improve work, but never got recognized for it. You can't rely on HR because every few months there is a new person in that position so they are never fully aware of whats really going on around the office. Unless you are good friends with upper management there, you will not get ahead or move on to any new projects. After years of dedication to this company and taking pride in the work I did, I was let go because the company was no longer satisfied with my work with out a formal " verbal, write up, coaching plan/final." In that department (for field resource coordinators,) there is no room for career advancement.

Advice to Management

These "random" firing sweeps that keep happening are not helping boost employee morale. Specially when they are done with out proper procedure of their own Dish Handbook. A company can not build build trust with their employees if they are cutting corners to get rid of them.