DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

great experience but very long hours

Former Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked as a product marketing specialist at Dish for 2.5 years. I was part of the team that launched the hopper at the CES in 2012. I see a lot of negative reviews on this site, but it looks like those from the Dish Network Services and Customer Service departments. Working in marketing was a great experience for me.

- Experience: working at a large corporation developing and deploying a platform to a nationwide subscriber base. Great for my resume!
- Learning: the hopper is a robust device and platform with satellite tuners, an internet modem, apps, tuners, private (now public) APIs, a gigantic hard drive, and connections to large VOD and OTT services. I had to learn about this complex ecosystem, which was challenging and fun.
- Leadership: I got the opportunity
- Responsibility: Before Dish I was working at AT&T where I felt like another body in a cubicle and my contributions were insignificant, but at Dish I really felt a sense of ownership and team.

Cons

One thing I don't miss about Dish is working such long hours. I always took work home and was answering emails on the weekend. The vacation policy really sucked as well, but I hear it's gotten better in the last year. I hope so because 10 of PTO was not enough.

Also, the pay isn't great. For me, it was a great experience for 2.5 years, but I was glad to move on.

Invest more in your employees. Too many of the best leave because of better pay elsewhere after they get experience at Dish.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Most horrable experience of my life

Former Employee - Installer in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Installer in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Let's you put food on your table

Cons

Where to begin. Long hours, low pay, management only focuses on what you need to do better and gives no credit for what you do we'll! Forced sales by installers. Loved the work itself hated drone managers who's only purpose was to push employees as hard as possible to make sure everyone in management got their incentive bonuses

Value employee contributions. Stop worrying about your bonuses!!!!!!!

Poor Dish Management

Former Employee - FST in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Former Employee - FST in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I worked at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job. Din't find to many pro's after being lied to from the get go by human resources to management...

Cons

Dish forces home reporters to work a lot of hours without getting paid and the schedules are designed to force employees to work every weekend. I haven't had a weekend off since November. That schedule is very difficult when you have a family that you would like to spend time with and attend functions. Management in Monmouth Junction, NJ is very condescending to its employees and since I quit February 28, several employees have also left due to poor treatment. I was supposed to get my last paycheck on March 7 through direct deposit and instead the company cut a check and sent it to my manager who has since withheld it from me. According to state laws in NJ, that is prohibited and I have filed a claim against Dish at the NJ Department of Labor Wage and Hour Commission. I will also be contacting the local police department to file charges against them for theft of my money. Also, the company has been very difficult to deal with regarding my pay stubs. I have asked numerous times for assistance signing in since I constantly get an error message. This delay in securing my pay stubs has delayed me from putting an addition on my house since the bank needs these to proceed.

Maybe need to review the way your local management treats there employees on a local level, a'lot of unfair treatment going on...

There are newer employer reviews for DISH