DISH

www.dish.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

great experience but very long hours

Former Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked as a product marketing specialist at Dish for 2.5 years. I was part of the team that launched the hopper at the CES in 2012. I see a lot of negative reviews on this site, but it looks like those from the Dish Network Services and Customer Service departments. Working in marketing was a great experience for me.

- Experience: working at a large corporation developing and deploying a platform to a nationwide subscriber base. Great for my resume!
- Learning: the hopper is a robust device and platform with satellite tuners, an internet modem, apps, tuners, private (now public) APIs, a gigantic hard drive, and connections to large VOD and OTT services. I had to learn about this complex ecosystem, which was challenging and fun.
- Leadership: I got the opportunity
- Responsibility: Before Dish I was working at AT&T where I felt like another body in a cubicle and my contributions were insignificant, but at Dish I really felt a sense of ownership and team.

Cons

One thing I don't miss about Dish is working such long hours. I always took work home and was answering emails on the weekend. The vacation policy really sucked as well, but I hear it's gotten better in the last year. I hope so because 10 of PTO was not enough.

Also, the pay isn't great. For me, it was a great experience for 2.5 years, but I was glad to move on.

Invest more in your employees. Too many of the best leave because of better pay elsewhere after they get experience at Dish.

2001 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

it was a great job to have

Current Employee - Team Lead in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Springfield, MA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the wages was great and the pay was beautiful

Cons

working long days...and manager sucks

Hard work definitely pays off.

Current Employee - Lead in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Lead in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We get to work in a fun industry. Who doesn't like TV? The company is positioning itself to be able to last well into the future. It's a fun ride to think about where we will go. There is visionary leadership at the top.

Cons

Communication could still get better. Sometimes things change so quickly that not everyone knows at the same time. It continues to improve through things like e-mails from our CEO and All Team Meetings.

Tell your employees you are thinking about how your decisions impact them. I know most are. People need the communication and recognition.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH