There are newer employer reviews for DISH

it was a great job to have

Current Employee - Team Lead in Springfield, MA
Current Employee - Team Lead in Springfield, MA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the wages was great and the pay was beautiful

Cons

working long days...and manager sucks

reviews filtered by

Hard work definitely pays off.

Current Employee - Lead in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Lead in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We get to work in a fun industry. Who doesn't like TV? The company is positioning itself to be able to last well into the future. It's a fun ride to think about where we will go. There is visionary leadership at the top.

Cons

Communication could still get better. Sometimes things change so quickly that not everyone knows at the same time. It continues to improve through things like e-mails from our CEO and All Team Meetings.

Tell your employees you are thinking about how your decisions impact them. I know most are. People need the communication and recognition.

Current employee in a management position

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a paycheck, It's a job, and in this lovely economy that's a good thing.

Cons

Crappy Pay
    Crappy Hours
    Good Ole Boys Club
    Charlie is out of day to day ops, but the Pinheads he hired in executive positions are still here so nothing has really changed-Joe is trying though
    No recognition of hard work
    Definitely no reward for hard work
    The epitome of "Do as I say, Not as I do" mentality
    Emphasis on ass kissing

Listen to your employees for a change and stop thinking that just because they aren't happy doesn't mean we are all disgruntled former employees. The round tables seemed like a great idea, right up until we found out that HR management vets the data and then decides what is given to Joe to review. You want to know what’s going on around here, look at the raw complaints, not the watered down vetted ones that the HR Gestapo sends up to Joe. Management rewards the ass kisser and ignores the rest and dismisses them as disgruntled when they don't buy into the crap they dish out. Offer real solutions, and here's a hint, LEAD training is a joke, and even the employees recognize that it's merely meant to give the appearance that you are trying to change things. The worst offenders are most of the executive staff that to this day still thinks that they are not the problem. You cannot fix stupid, and Dish is loaded with stupid people and most of them are in management. Charlie is a great visionary and strategic planner, but a lousy leader, so it was a good move on his part to bring in Joe Clayton to run the operation. But Joe has a tough road ahead of him to change this pathetic culture that runs rampant within these walls! And one other thing, recognition is great, but a pat on the back DOES NOT PAY our bills. You want to show gratitude, give people more than a lousy 1-3% raise, especially when you are banking $300M+ net profits every quarter!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH