There are newer employer reviews for DISH

I love it here

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lot's of opportunity to grow. Great salary. I started at the call center and after 3 years moved on to the corporate site without an education. This is a great job to get experience. Also free TV service is a plus as well as paid days off. The site does do fun stuff for employees as well. At the call center you could earn bonuses.

Cons

Miscommunication with management. When I worked at the call center it was hard to take time off if you didn't have vacation time. One bad score can have a significant effect on your performance for the month.

Work better together with departments.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Career advancement and opportunity for high level responsibility.

Cons

Negative attitudes by employees that don't work hard and as a result don't go far.

My experience at the Dish call center in Phoenix has been very bad. I am actively seeking new employment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

The schedules are pretty flexible. The job isn't bad.

Cons

All that seems to matter to the managers at Dish are rumors and drama.They are more concerned with the employees personal lives than they are with running a company. they perpetuate a high school environment complete with the "in" crowd and the bullies.
    The only way to get promoted is to be part of the "in"crowd. If you can manage to keep off the "blacklist" and somehow get promoted, you better hope that you can become friends with the group of supervisors that seem to run things.They have a way of making up policies that only apply to certain employees and not others. If I didn't work at Dish and see it for myself I would not believe that any company could get away with treating their employees like this.

They recently started a new team lead position. It was poorly implemented, none of the leads received training or even a job description, they were instead left to figure out through trial and error. Not a very effective way to run a company. When they opened the new position once again several people were promoted that were not qualified while other qualified people were passed up because of the managers perception of them.

My advice to management is to stop perpetuating drama. Stop treating promotions like a popularity contest and start recognizing the employees that know what they are doing. The agents that you see as trouble are probably the ones with the most potential to create the change that the company desperately needs.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH