DISH

www.dish.com

Selective People Follow Selective Policies

Coach (Current Employee) Christiansburg, VA

ProsSome of the people that work at Dish are wonderful. The pay is good for this area. And that's about all I can come up with for the pros.

ConsI can only speak for Christiansburg Call Center. If you are "one of the boys" you will do fine there. You have managers and coaches that go out drinking together. These people stay together and it doesn't matter what they do whether they have poor metrics - poor attendance - don't follow policies - they will be fine and even get promoted. But if you don't buy food for a manager or go out drinking and getting drunk after work - you better walk on eggshells.

There are policies that corporate office feels important but Christiansburg is selective in who and what they think are important. You can have some agents missing 6 days of work in 90 days and get fired and other can miss 9 10 or even 12 days in 90 days and still have a job.

Per corporate office you should never hang up on a customer. There is a broadband/dr. dish coach that has proof of an agent releasing the call more than 17 times in 1 week and she is still employed. But an other agent released the call once and was automatically terminated.

Then you have coaches playing Candy Crush all day or watching youtube videos. Oh wait...you have some coaches completing Manager On Duty responsibilites throughout the entire day just so a manager does not have to be scheduled until midnight while you have other coaches and agents that have to work that late. Then when you walk up to the Manager Center or "The Stage" you see the Manager On Duty (a selected coach doing the job of a manager) watching threads and keeping an eye on aux while you have the actual managers and some times the senior operations manager watching youtube videos the entire time or you hear them talk about coaches as pig slop and such.

Just when you think that is enough you have the saying perception is reality. Well, perception from management can be completely different than the perception of everyone else. You can have an entire team that loves their coach and their coach works hard for his/her agents but management only sees what they want. Instead of getting feedback from the agents, they just hear passing conversations or look at your pod or if you have a smile on your face. Anyone can act and have a smile but it doesn't mean they are happy or that their agents like or even respect them.

So the cons of working for the Dish Christiansburg Call Center out weighs the few pros there are.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have favorites. Treat everyone equally. If there is a policy in place for one then there should be the same policy in place for all others. Get out of your chairs more. The newest manager there is great with getting out and talking to coaches. Quit worrying about the newest video on youtube and what you are going to eat for lunch or where you are going after work to drink. Worry more about your coaches and your agents and actually developing your coaches instead of just saying fix this. If the coach could simply fix a metric, don't you think they would have already done so?

great place to gain experience and take your talent elsewhere (where it will be appreciated)

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros: great co-workers, pretty campus (except you have to badge out… Cons: long hours, little appreciation/recognition, low pay Advice to Senior Management: Where as being paid well is a great thing, sometimes a 'you did a great job on this' or 'way to go' feels good as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

"We Thrive in Ambiguity/Lack of Clarity and No Sense of Humanity, But At Least We're Dishonest AND Punitive."

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Co-workers. Good people! But... they don't pay the bills, and they don't have the ability to preserve your heart & soul (which will be… Cons: Dish is a cesspool of inhumanity. And exploitation. Honesty and integrity are not valued; actually, they are feared. Top-heavy management style consisted of immense… Advice to Senior Management: Seriously?? "ADVICE" to Management?? Well let's see.... Nope, I got nothin'. Because to spend time and effort offering advice to Management would… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!