There are newer employer reviews for DISH

be prepared to deal with angry customers

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pine Brook, NJ
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pine Brook, NJ

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, fun coworkers, good managers, and flexible hours. By the end of the call, most customers are happy.

Though I've only been here less than a year, it seems like there's plenty of room to move up! Several of my coworkers were promoted within 12 months of hire. I hope the same happens to me.

Cons

Customers call when their television isn't working and usually when they're missing their favorite program. So be prepared: as a CSR you will deal with a lot of very angry customers!

To succeed at this job, you will need thick skin and a very calm disposition.

Give us more PTO pleaaaase!

1802 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

6 years: from sr analyst to director

Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started working as a senior analyst in 2008, and I'm now a director in CSC (Dish's call center ops). My employment Dish has been a very rewarding position. In addition to having a lot of career advancement opportunities, I get a good salary, decent health coverage, and great shared incentive plans (stock options). In my first year at Dish, share prices were below $10 and today it's almost $60. Woot!

There's a lot of great people at Dish including some of the executive leaders and some true industry veterans. I admire Charlie Ergen for being a "self made man", and ultimate entrepreneur. His leadership style can be harsh at times, but employees look up to him as a straight shooter and an innovator. Employees who have been around Dish for a while look up to him.

My recommendation for making a successful career at Dish is to take initiative and speak your honest opinion. I've always done that, and have been well rewarded. Some employees aren't assertive enough and soon feel frustrated by the lack of advancement.

Cons

Dish is a startup grown into a gigantic, fortune 200 company. You will be frustrated by some antiquated policies from the early days, and by bureaucracy that prevents fast action. After 6 years at Dish, I only get 15 PDO.

Be more aggressive recruiting young talent. Dish needs young leaders who are willing to take risks and bold decisions.

i loved every minute of my tenure with the company and hated to leave.

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Alvin, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Alvin, TX

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I got to work with and meet a wonderful group of people throughout the enterprise.

Cons

Management cares about themself and not their direct reports.

You send managers through LEAD. It would be nice if some actually practiced what they learned in the course. You preach that DISH is a company that cares about its employees. My manager did not touch base with me at all during my last two weeks of employment. In fact, I think she went out of her way and found every excuse NOT to have to talk to me.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH