DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

be prepared to deal with angry customers

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pine Brook, NJ
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pine Brook, NJ

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, fun coworkers, good managers, and flexible hours. By the end of the call, most customers are happy.

Though I've only been here less than a year, it seems like there's plenty of room to move up! Several of my coworkers were promoted within 12 months of hire. I hope the same happens to me.

Cons

Customers call when their television isn't working and usually when they're missing their favorite program. So be prepared: as a CSR you will deal with a lot of very angry customers!

To succeed at this job, you will need thick skin and a very calm disposition.

Give us more PTO pleaaaase!

1877 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Direct Sales

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great income potential
    Hard work gets rewarded
    DISH generates all the leads
    Business is forward thinking and preparing for the future
    Fantastic technology
    Highly rated with the Better Business Bureau
    Best value in the pay TV industry for customers

Cons

The company has struggled with their reputation online. The online reviews have caused some to avoid a great sales opportunity.

Keep listening

hard work on exciting projects with good team

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked as a project manager in DNS, Dish Network Services, the group in charge of installations and service calls. Our team implemented new technology and processes for all technicians. One of the big projects I worked on was workforce management or mobile applications for installers to use. In addition to understanding and implementing upper management's roadmap, I talked with field technicians, worked with large vendors (RFIs and RFPs and SOWs), and of course spent a lot of time with our IT department.

Since Joe Clayton became CEO 2 years ago, the company has really turned around. Joe brings a lot of positive energy. He's also helped internal communication and, in my experience, different departments worked together well.

Overall it was a positive experience. I had more responsibility than I would in other organizations, and I got to work with strong leaders. The most important thing for me in a job is learning, and there was rarely a day when I didn't learn about leadership, operations, technology, or general business management. And who can complain about living in Denver?

Cons

I worked very long hours at Dish since meeting deadlines was a highest priority and something ALWAYS goes wrong when you go live on a system with so many users. Our team was spread thin, so we all had a lot of responsibility. As PM, I was on email from 730am till at least 7 or 8pm. Some days even later.

Pay isn't incredible and you can probably make a litlte more money (but not experience) working for the competitors.

Sometimes you need to hire a bigger team and invest more in our salaries. A lot of great employees, like myself, have moved on because of that.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH