DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

2 years in marketing department

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started working in the Dish marketing program after doing an internship here 2 years ago. I'm on the digital marketing team, so we oversee media buys, ppc, SEO, social media, etc. Our team is fairly small, so I get to work on a lot of diverse projects and get a lot of responsibility.

In 2 years, I have learned a lot more than my cohort from school. I manage vendors, go through proposals from agencies, and got a lot of practical digital marketing experience. Our team is a good mix of experienced managers who give us feedback and direction but don't usually micromanage.

Other pros include living in Denver and a good work/life balance (I work 830 - 6pm usually).

Stock options have also been great since the Dish stock has increased a lot in the last 2 years.

Cons

PTO is fairly limited, benefits aren't great. Badge reports have supposedly been removed, but they're still used internally even if they aren't as strictly enforced.

Loosen up on employee policies like badge report, vacation time, sick days.

1880 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Call centers, sales, and Dish

Current Employee - Inside
    Current Employee - Inside

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

- Great commission structure that allows you to make a lot of money. Your income is technically unlimited, so best make the most of it!
    - Since Dish has improved their equipment and offering, sales are easier
    - Fun work place environment with a healthy sense of competition among sales reps
    - Good training
    - Flexible hours. As much OT as you want.
    - Different options for health insurance
    - continuing education
    - 401k match

Cons

- if you've never done sales before, the first few weeks can be very challenging. And some people just aren't cut out for it. You need grit and determination to succeed in this job!
    - sitting all day in the office at your computer with a headset
    - metrics don't always take into account different markets which can be unfair
    - drug test for all new employees

The insurance plan has a very high deductable.

good accounting position

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- competitive pay
    - reasonable hours
    - 401(k) match
    - work with business leaders you can respect. I get to meet with the CFO and other accounting directors on a weekly basis. I think it's great to get feedback and working experience with these leaders
    - meaningful work and practical experience. I worked in the tax department and then did accounting for SCM.
    - working at a publicly traded, Fortune 200 company looks great on the resume

Cons

- health insurance isn't great
    - management isn't very responsive to employee concerns

Have more anonymous surveys of employees to determine how managers are performing and areas that need more executive oversight
    Spend more time with junior employees. Your small investment of time encourages the ranks!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH