2 years in marketing department

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working in the Dish marketing program after doing an internship here 2 years ago. I'm on the digital marketing team, so we oversee media buys, ppc, SEO, social media, etc. Our team is fairly small, so I get to work on a lot of diverse projects and get a lot of responsibility. In 2 years, I have learned a lot more than my cohort from school. I manage vendors, go through proposals from agencies, and got a lot of practical digital marketing experience. Our team is a good mix of experienced managers who give us feedback and direction but don't usually micromanage. Other pros include living in Denver and a good work/life balance (I work 830 - 6pm usually). Stock options have also been great since the Dish stock has increased a lot in the last 2 years.

Cons

PTO is fairly limited, benefits aren't great. Badge reports have supposedly been removed, but they're still used internally even if they aren't as strictly enforced.

Advice to Management

Loosen up on employee policies like badge report, vacation time, sick days.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not a very family oriented place. You're stuck working weekends and there's nothing you can do about it.

Current Employee - FSS-4
    Current Employee - FSS-4

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A JOB. Somewhere where you just get your stuff and take off. No buddy really bothers you, unless it's a customer, I really like my customers thou.

Cons

Unattainable goals. Especially if you're a top level tech. Not a place to move up. I would never want to be a manager with as much hours as they work.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stop play favoritism and level playing field. My office has management that will move jobs around to make their favorite tech come out early so they can have high points per hour. And if you have a PDO that week they will give you extra jobs your other three days since they will not pay as much overtime as if you had your regular 40hours. Some times it makes you not want to take any days off.

2. Horrible place to work

I worked at DISH

Pros

All the free stuff u get

Cons

Crappy management horrible benefits horrible work environment

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees