Internship in Denver

Former Intern - Intern in Denver, CO
Former Intern - Intern in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good exposure within the internship program. We got to meet the CEO and interact with Directors and VPs on projects. I felt like I could make a difference in the company and that I was a valued team member. The whole experience was great. They helped us find lodging in Denver and I roomed with 2 other students. I ended up not getting a job with Dish but stayed in Denver anyway.

Cons

Full time employees said that a lot of positions don't end up being that significant and that the internship was a kind of "honeymoon" experience. However, I didn't have this experience so I'm giving this 5/5.

Advice to Management

Offer more interns jobs after the program! I wish I could have stayed.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good projects, but little flexibility for employees

Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Because of the complexity of the vertically integrated company, IT projects are really cutting edge and we are experienced running some of the biggest CRMs and ERPs in the world. The CIO has won a bunch of awards because we really do practice best practices for in our systems. This is a great opportunity to get experience working on enterprise solutions. This wasn't always the case, so the last few years have involved a lot of migrations and redundant systems. It was truly challenging, but in the end most of us our quite proud of our accomplishments and contribution.

Cons

Work hours are not flexible. This isn't standard in the IT industry. There's also no opportunity to work from home.

Advice to Management

Allow engineers to have flexible schedules like any other tech company or IT department.

Fantastic, challenging, rewarding

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

opportunity for growth and getting in on the bottom floor of great future with a company that is going to move into the 21st century with 21st century technology

Cons

Upper level management not moving forward into the 21st century style of management like the rest of the company is after company wide management training

Advice to Management

look closely at the top tiers and verify that they inspiring trust and overall appreciation for what is done by the field