DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Internship in Denver

Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good exposure within the internship program. We got to meet the CEO and interact with Directors and VPs on projects. I felt like I could make a difference in the company and that I was a valued team member.

The whole experience was great. They helped us find lodging in Denver and I roomed with 2 other students. I ended up not getting a job with Dish but stayed in Denver anyway.

Cons

Full time employees said that a lot of positions don't end up being that significant and that the internship was a kind of "honeymoon" experience. However, I didn't have this experience so I'm giving this 5/5.

Offer more interns jobs after the program! I wish I could have stayed.

1883 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

fun environment, challenging work

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work in sales for Dish. Perks include:
    - Pay check, free TV
    - Diverse, fun team that is a mix of new ideas and seasoned experience
    - Metrics based work: you know what's expected of you and it's clearly explained
    - The company is gigantic (like 30,000 employees) , so smart people are promoted quickly

Again, the company has 30,000 employees and everything is metrics based: taking some risks and proposing new ideas is usually well received and can help faster promotions.

Cons

Politics. Like any large company, to be successful requires playing the politics game.
    Dish expects you to work hard and many managers are demanding
    Some of the VPs have been around forever and aren't open to new ideas.

Don't be afraid to bring in new faces instead of just promoting internal employees. Sometimes fresh blood is needed.

review from rural installations office

Current Employee - Dish Installer in Rifle, CO
    Current Employee - Dish Installer in Rifle, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been working as a Dish installer for almost 2 years, and it's honestly one of the best jobs I've had. After weeks of paid training, I was put out on my own work orders. The feeling of responsibility and self-dependence is great. In addition to good starting pay, there's opportunity to move up if you meet your metrics. The team is tight and supports each other. I look up to my boss who is shows up to help on more difficult jobs. Plus, the company trusts me with a phone, tablet, and a van. This is also the first job I've had with a 401(k) match.

Cons

I'm based in Rifle, so techs do a lot of driving. The workforce management software does not track miles, so our metrics are compared with techs in suburban and urban areas where they can do more installations and service rolls per day. This is a bit unfair.

Factor distance traveled into metrics. more vacation time?

There are newer employer reviews for DISH