There are newer employer reviews for DISH

rewarding position if you have high tolerance for stress

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay
Stable company
Benefits and 401(k) and insurance
Vacation time
Good experience and opportunity to learn
Promotions are frequent because of fairly high employee churn in operations.

Cons

A lot is expected of employees and hours can be long. If you can't take the pressure of the stress, then this probably isn't a good job for you.

Some of middle management needs to be changed. The top has vision and good intentions, but the execution by the middle is weak and we all suffer the consequences.

1810 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Remote technician FSS IV

Current Employee - FSS IV in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - FSS IV in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and health benefits. Additionally, I work with good people that care about me.

Cons

The upper management could focus more on the field service individuals. Maybe focus less on metrics and a little more on the people. Metrics have become the end all in this company and it has lost the closeness between management and employee. Middle managers have little to no say in many decisions.

Take time to focus on the people that meet the customer. Their moral is important. Go out of your way to keep their spirits up. If the service techs are unhappy then the customers will feel that. STRESS KILLS.

corporate, but good company culture

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dish is a gigantic company with thousands of employees across the country. Despite its size, the company has retained a good culture, and managers (in my experience) look after employees and try to develop us with training, with continuing education options, and opportunities to move up. It seems like there's a clear distinction between employees who are going somewhere and those who are comfortable in their current position. Those who want to move up take initiative and go the extra mile. It seems to open doors.

Pay is good. Hours are flexible. Training is paid. 401k.

Cons

The bad side of working in such a gigantic corporation is that there is bureaucracy, rules, benchmarks, dashboards and performance metrics. I understand that it's necessary, but it's also encumbering and sometimes slow us down in our work. I'm in international, so it's a little insulated from this, but sometimes the bureaucracy gets translated (haha.. no pun intended) into smaller departments which is frustrating.

Focus on reporting things that matter instead of just creating reports on reports for the sake of reports.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH