DISH

www.dish.com
  www.dish.com
There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Good projects, but little flexibility for employees

Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer in Littleton, CO
Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Because of the complexity of the vertically integrated company, IT projects are really cutting edge and we are experienced running some of the biggest CRMs and ERPs in the world. The CIO has won a bunch of awards because we really do practice best practices for in our systems. This is a great opportunity to get experience working on enterprise solutions.

This wasn't always the case, so the last few years have involved a lot of migrations and redundant systems. It was truly challenging, but in the end most of us our quite proud of our accomplishments and contribution.

Cons

Work hours are not flexible. This isn't standard in the IT industry. There's also no opportunity to work from home.

Allow engineers to have flexible schedules like any other tech company or IT department.

1891 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

stressful but lucrative position in sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Dish for 5 years but left in 2012. (I heard it has changed some since then from coworkers that I'm still in touch with.)
    Working in sales was stressful. Hours are long and you real, but it was the most money I've made per month.
    Product is one of the best on the market. Obviously this has a big effect on sales people. A good sales person could make decent money at any company, but at Dish you can make really good money. Commissions structure were built to incentivize sales staff, and Dish does a good job at that.

Cons

Very stressful and managers aren't accommodating to individual employees needs. Employees that aren't performing face job insecurity.
    Variable income if your sales aren't steady

I think that sales staff should more independence. If we make our sales numbers, why does it matter the hours when or the script I use?

company is focused on long term growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

management has a strategic plan for the company and its subsidiaries
    ad-sales is focused on new technology and shifts in today's market: positioning ourselves for future revenue rather than focusing on this quarter's financial reports
    smaller ad-sales team than the big broadcasters which means broader (if less deep) experience
    positive work environment
    some travel to the main office in Denver

Cons

Dish does some things different from the industry standard. If you let it, this can really bother some people. It bothered me a lot at first, but now I accept it
    Dish can be cheap on travel

Don't skimp on employee travel. If we are leaving our families to travel for work, give us a budget to eat a nice meal with a few drinks at night.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH