There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Good projects, but little flexibility for employees

Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer  in  Littleton, CO
Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Because of the complexity of the vertically integrated company, IT projects are really cutting edge and we are experienced running some of the biggest CRMs and ERPs in the world. The CIO has won a bunch of awards because we really do practice best practices for in our systems. This is a great opportunity to get experience working on enterprise solutions.

This wasn't always the case, so the last few years have involved a lot of migrations and redundant systems. It was truly challenging, but in the end most of us our quite proud of our accomplishments and contribution.

Cons

Work hours are not flexible. This isn't standard in the IT industry. There's also no opportunity to work from home.

Allow engineers to have flexible schedules like any other tech company or IT department.

1764 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Up for the challenge

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The last few years have been a great time to work for Dish in the marketing department. Since Joe Clayton took the reigns in 2012, there's been a big focus on re-branding Dish and I'm proud to have been part of the team that accomplished that. We get to work with large budgets and big campaigns, and I have the impression that employees at other companies with similiar experience do not get nearly as much responsibility. That being said, it's certainly a challenge and requires stepping up to the plate. A lot of people can't handle the pressure of being given projects that are beyond their expertise and comfort zone. I took the dive and said yes to a lot of challenges. I'm glad I did because the experience and learning has been great.

Cons

Salary is a bit less than competitive, though it's made up for with other benefits like stock options and 401(k).
    A good work / life balance can be challenging to maintain.

Maintain good communication from the top suites to the rank and file.

stressful but lucrative position in sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at Dish for 5 years but left in 2012. (I heard it has changed some since then from coworkers that I'm still in touch with.)
    Working in sales was stressful. Hours are long and you real, but it was the most money I've made per month.
    Product is one of the best on the market. Obviously this has a big effect on sales people. A good sales person could make decent money at any company, but at Dish you can make really good money. Commissions structure were built to incentivize sales staff, and Dish does a good job at that.

Cons

Very stressful and managers aren't accommodating to individual employees needs. Employees that aren't performing face job insecurity.
    Variable income if your sales aren't steady

I think that sales staff should more independence. If we make our sales numbers, why does it matter the hours when or the script I use?

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!