not worth the pay

Former Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Chatsworth, CA
Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay when promoted
good co-workers
lunch anywhere
chance of travel
out enjoying the day while working

Cons

Work (hard labor)
Rules (Too many demands to be met)
Hours
Not enough help from management when you are stuck in a problem.
not enough overview of new products.

Treat the installers with more dignity and respect.

Other Reviews for DISH

The New Positive Culture at Dish

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have my job
    Good incentives
    Schedules rarely change for the worse
    My supervisor cares

Cons

Upper Management really does not care about doing what's right.
    They just fired one of the best Supervisors and everybody knows it's because they were overstaffed and from what I hear they came up with all these reasons that were not true as of why to fire him. One of the team members said he wasn't there for his team when I know he was there more then other coaches; and he had that team like a week. The person that said he wasn't there for them had missed like 2 to 3 days.
    The Supervisor they fired was the only black supervisor. They don't look to promote people of color especially African Americans. They don't know how to deal with people that are ambitious and want for more. I'm sure that it is not like this in other call centers we just live in a predominantly white area where racism is still there just covered up better.
    The Supervisor they fired had all the faith in management and his manager; which he obviously should not have had. He believed in a new positive culture where they work with you and actually care about you and they let him, the most motivational person go.

When you let him go, you let go of some of what he stood for as well... a better Dish built off of respect not fear. Admit you made a mistake and bring him back.
    Don't just smile at your people and think that, that does it; take the time to connect with them.
    Never fire anyone for something you do, or don't do yourself
    Find a way to decrease that fear and build back the respect. That's what will help to not make Dish the worst place to work at again.
    People are still scared to take internal "anonymous" feedback surveys in fear that it's not truly anonymous so roam the internet for true uncut feedback like this if you truly care about making Dish at least in our area a better place to work at.
    You can make all the grand speeches and make all the policy changes and make all the surveys you want but if you don't change; You; all the data collecting may make a difference but not The positive difference at Dish that I hope someone truly cares about.

Most horrable experience of my life

Former Employee - Installer  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Installer in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Let's you put food on your table

Cons

Where to begin. Long hours, low pay, management only focuses on what you need to do better and gives no credit for what you do we'll! Forced sales by installers. Loved the work itself hated drone managers who's only purpose was to push employees as hard as possible to make sure everyone in management got their incentive bonuses

Value employee contributions. Stop worrying about your bonuses!!!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!