DISH

www.dish.com

I worked at dish newtowrk, flushing ny for about a month.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Flushing, NY

ProsThe opportunity to interact with people from different background and different culture.
The opportunity to built a customer service approach by learning daily customer needs and interests.

Cons1. Lack of good training in order to be ready for daily work in a stressful work place like dish. Being able to handle 100+ calls a day requires good training rather than talking. I was on training for almost 3 weeks, but all i had was talk and discussion with almost half hour of actual phone call training a day. The other thing related to training is that actual training was done by crew employees and new hired ones where all they do is pointing out what to do on the screen without giving any kind of criteria of how to handle a call.
2. Lack of cohesiveness. There no shared goals among employees. All care of their personal goals "to work 8 hours and earn money." Management not being able to take care of their employee need leads to this type of problem.
3 Lack of honesty, tolerance, and respect for hardworking employees in general and for the one who belong to minorities. I remember seeing a hard working lady crying because one day she was sick and wasn’t allowed to go to doctor, and she end up dealing with an angry customer cursing her. However, i was fired 15 minutes after i reported to HR a discrimination incident against mean when i asked why, i was told that i didn’t say thank you to my trainer when she helped me. She felt bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo aknowlege the postion that you hold. The postion you hold requires hard and stressful care of both custemers and employees. Faliure to meet either of those might end up wit susequences on the hall company.

Not a good place too work.

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) Denver, CO

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you hurting for work, and need a job. You… Cons: I was over there for five and half years. Because, due to the economic downturn and had to support my family. I worked in a… Advice to Senior Management: Only advise I have, not that it will make any difference, take a lesson from companies such as Google and Saas as an example for… More

Stable job with room to grow

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) Pine Brook, NJ

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros: Teamwork and collaboration with my team. Managers are leaders but still kind and empathetic. The office space is pleasant with good climate control, ergonomic chairs.… Cons: high employee churn, so you have to spend a lot… Advice to Senior Management: a slight pay raise would be great. ;) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!