DISH

www.dish.com

Territory Account Representative

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative
Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative

Pros

Free Satellite TV Service, Great Co-workers and profit sharing plan

Cons

Unrealistic goals to keep you from hitting bonus, the Bonus is a joke depending on what division you're in. (Still a Joke) I worked for Cable before and my monthly bonus was 3X-4X times higher

Get a clue!

Other reviews for DISH

Outdoor work in a great company

Current Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Buena Vista, CO
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Buena Vista, CO

Pros

I've been working in Dish as an installer for several years and it's been a great job. After picking up van and inventory from the office, I'm pretty much on my own besides an occasional visit from my boss who will helps with more complex installations. We have great support from dispatch even though I've never met them because they're in a different city.

Customers generally are very happy to have us come to visit because television is important to them. I enjoy being able to provide something they care about and conversations are generally pleasant. Dish has a good reputation around here.

Pay is great and there aren't a lot of big companies in our area, so I consider myself pretty lucky to have it.

Cons

Sometimes they try to get us to do sales of accessories like wireless headphones. I'm supposed to pull out the headphones as a demo and customers are supposed to ask about them ... Usually they're not interested in this stuff and I feel like a salesman which I'm not.

Consider putting dispatch closer to the offices that they direct. It would be nice to meet them.

Sales Representative in New Jersey

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Roseland, NJ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Roseland, NJ

Pros

Commission structures are some of the fairest in the industry. The best sales reps at Dish make a lot of money!
    Atmosphere is friendly but sometimes competitive in the center.
    I'm still friends with 2 of my coworkers even though I left 2 years ago.
    Benefits, paid vacation, 401(k)

Cons

Supervisors aren't very helpful and often just try to enforce rules that don't make sense.

Focus on sales and reduce some of the rules. This would also reduce the number of supervisors which would help. Strive for a flatter hierarchy

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!