There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Territory Account Representative

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative
Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I worked at DISH full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free Satellite TV Service, Great Co-workers and profit sharing plan

Cons

Unrealistic goals to keep you from hitting bonus, the Bonus is a joke depending on what division you're in. (Still a Joke) I worked for Cable before and my monthly bonus was 3X-4X times higher

Advice to Management

Get a clue!

reviews filtered by
  1. Outdoor work in a great company

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Buena Vista, CO
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Buena Vista, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working in Dish as an installer for several years and it's been a great job. After picking up van and inventory from the office, I'm pretty much on my own besides an occasional visit from my boss who will helps with more complex installations. We have great support from dispatch even though I've never met them because they're in a different city.

Customers generally are very happy to have us come to visit because television is important to them. I enjoy being able to provide something they care about and conversations are generally pleasant. Dish has a good reputation around here.

Pay is great and there aren't a lot of big companies in our area, so I consider myself pretty lucky to have it.

Cons

Sometimes they try to get us to do sales of accessories like wireless headphones. I'm supposed to pull out the headphones as a demo and customers are supposed to ask about them ... Usually they're not interested in this stuff and I feel like a salesman which I'm not.

Advice to Management

Consider putting dispatch closer to the offices that they direct. It would be nice to meet them.

2. customer service in flushing

Current Employee - International Technical Support in Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - International Technical Support in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been at the call center is Flushing, Queens for about 6 months. The work environment is relaxed and the international team are all friends. We eat lunch or dinner together sometimes and laugh about customers strange requests. There's a sense of pride that Dish has the largest international subscriber base and our customer service ratings have been improving a lot lately.

You have to learn a lot about the products, the packages, the billing, the equipment, and the policies. Training initially lasts several weeks but there are periodic updates.

In Flushing, speaking a 2nd language is a must. Sometimes we work to translate the guides or terms from the English support system. Pay is great, and it's one of the few jobs in Queens where you're paid more for speaking Spanish. Thank you Dish for valuing my 2nd language!

Cons

Working at Dish will certainly push you to your limits. They are a demanding employer and they expect the best from their employees. For some people this is too stressful, but if you take the challenge you will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH