There are newer employer reviews for DISH

good work/life balance

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Dish for 2 years in the corporate finance department. There are 2 big pros for me:
1) Great work/life balance
Moving to Denver was life-changing. Weekends in the mountains. The camping, the biking, the healthy lifestyle. I've made some good friends. People from work go for drinks about once a week and initially my coworkers helped me meet friends and find my way around the city. Now I have other friends as well.
A lot of Dish employees come to work on public transportation or by bike, and some running groups run around Meridian on lunch breaks since there are showers in Building II. I'm usually in the office from 8am till 630pm which is reasonable for the finance industry.

2) Corporate experience in a public company
Dish is a vertically integrated company that has a lot of departments and many stakeholders. Building dashboards for C-level execs and helping make informed decisions for marketing budget allocations has been a good learning. My duties are clearly assigned and feedback is usually quick if rather brief. I think it's probably one of the better employers in Denver.

Cons

Vacation time isn't great. Also, I wish the corporate finance time got to evaluate more of the strategy deals. I was hoping I would get to work on the wireless M&A activity, but that seems to be a small cadre of employees surrounding the chairman. I haven't been involved.

Give us a little more paid time off?

reviews filtered by

Great income potential if you apply yourself

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very lucrative pay structure...bonuses and incentives for working overtime and being on time everyday...lots of contests and prizes given away for good job performance...benefits

Cons

To make top dollars requires working 10hrs overtime weekly...sometimes there's mandatory overtime...very strict attendance policy(can't be 1 min late)

We need a better vacation pay structure that perhaps gives an avg of what you earn for a week off.

good experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

lots of opportunities for promotions within the call center
    benefits like health insurance
    bilingual and trilingual service reps are highly valued. Spanish is probably the most important
    coaches and team leads are helpful and they keep you up to date on new products, packages, and such
    the best part for me is the team I work with. People are friendly and fun, and there's a lot of energy in the office.

Cons

you may take more than 100 calls a day, and at least 10% will be irrate customers who can't see their favorite show. Thick skin is needed.

Don't try to make CSR's sell and do upgrades. That's not our expertise and it isn't what we signed up for.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH