There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Up for the challenge

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The last few years have been a great time to work for Dish in the marketing department. Since Joe Clayton took the reigns in 2012, there's been a big focus on re-branding Dish and I'm proud to have been part of the team that accomplished that. We get to work with large budgets and big campaigns, and I have the impression that employees at other companies with similiar experience do not get nearly as much responsibility. That being said, it's certainly a challenge and requires stepping up to the plate. A lot of people can't handle the pressure of being given projects that are beyond their expertise and comfort zone. I took the dive and said yes to a lot of challenges. I'm glad I did because the experience and learning has been great.

Cons

Salary is a bit less than competitive, though it's made up for with other benefits like stock options and 401(k).
A good work / life balance can be challenging to maintain.

Maintain good communication from the top suites to the rank and file.

1754 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Internship in Denver

Former Employee - Intern  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Denver, CO

I worked at DISH as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good exposure within the internship program. We got to meet the CEO and interact with Directors and VPs on projects. I felt like I could make a difference in the company and that I was a valued team member.

The whole experience was great. They helped us find lodging in Denver and I roomed with 2 other students. I ended up not getting a job with Dish but stayed in Denver anyway.

Cons

Full time employees said that a lot of positions don't end up being that significant and that the internship was a kind of "honeymoon" experience. However, I didn't have this experience so I'm giving this 5/5.

Offer more interns jobs after the program! I wish I could have stayed.

spanish language customer support

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist  in  Dillon, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Dillon, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

The 1st employer that values my language skills and pays me more for being bilingual. I take calls in Spanish and English and work with both teams. The spanish language team is close and eats together most days. It's like a second family for me. The manager is a bit of an evil step-mother who is upset sometimes, but overall she's nice. The job begins with extensive training which is updated every few months as new products and packages come out.

Cons

Changes in products, packages, prices, and systems. It's a challenge to stay up to date.

Try to simplify the packages and pricing, and please keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!