not so bad

Current Employee - Installer in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dish gets a bad rap, but today it's not so bad. Good and honest coworkers, steady paycheck, paid training, all your equipment is provided, a lot of OT, performance based bonuses, promotions are available.

Cons

Shifts start early in the morning as a tech. Usually at the shop by 7am or 730am and don't get off till almost 6pm.

Advice to Management

Offer better health plans. A lot of employees have families and frankly the current plans are some of the worst I've heard about.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Steady job, good pay, long hours

Current Employee - Installer in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH (More than 3 years)

Pros

After going through training, this job is pretty steady. Unless you really mess up, you'll slowly be promoted and get the occassional raises. The place most people mess up is on their metrics. Stick with rules, keep an eye on your metrics, and that's pretty much it. Besides picking up the van and dropping it off, the rest of you day will be driving or at a customer's doing installation / service work. Most techs don't mind spending the majority of their day alone. 4 day work week is great and so is the free TV.

Cons

Be prepared for long days of physical labor. Most shifts are 12-13 hours and occasionally 14-15. Sometimes customers can be difficult to deal with and occasionally you end up seeing some crazy things inside the subscriber's house! I can't believe people don't cleanup before having a service person come over!?

Advice to Management

Let techs take trucks home. It will save us a little time, but a lot of energy!

Fun, forward-thinking company

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dish is probably the best pay television provider in the US. That's not saying too much since the others are horrible, but I'm still glad to work for the company that has the most advanced technology and who's management makes a lot of effort to stay ahead of the competition. New products and company branding have been the focus since Joe Clayton became CEO. I love the team that I work with! Managers are sent to management training. Recently, focus has turned to core metrics. This is great because managers can know if they're meeting performance expectations. In addition to base pay, there's a lot of opportunity for bonuses based on performance. But take heed: getting these bonuses requires a lot of dedication and hard work. Free programming is another plus that my family appreciates.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement unless you want to go to corporate. That's not so bad, but I'm not sure how much value my experience installing will be. Medical insurance isn't very good.

Advice to Management

Improve medical benefits.