not so bad

Current Employee - Installer in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Installer in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dish gets a bad rap, but today it's not so bad. Good and honest coworkers, steady paycheck, paid training, all your equipment is provided, a lot of OT, performance based bonuses, promotions are available.

Cons

Shifts start early in the morning as a tech. Usually at the shop by 7am or 730am and don't get off till almost 6pm.

Advice to Management

Offer better health plans. A lot of employees have families and frankly the current plans are some of the worst I've heard about.

Other Employee Reviews for DISH

The Times, they are a'Changing

Current Employee - Front Line Agent/Field Support/TE41 in Alvin, TX
    Current Employee - Front Line Agent/Field Support/TE41 in Alvin, TX

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is my 2nd review: The 1st one was before the axe dropped on upper management. Things in the Alvin CSC were strained, oppressive, nerve racking, loud, micro-managed. Since we've gotten all new managers, life here has gotten much better. New management has a lot better attitude towards their agents. Open doors, smiling faces, great personalities. Lots of creative incentives. It was good to see Joe make an appearance. He has a great sense of humor, some really good ideas where this company is and should be heading. I have no complaints about my schedule. We finally got our Saturdays back! Merlin is true to his word.

Cons

it's still a juggle to keep your numbers up to get a bonus payout. It's do-able, but you can't count on customers following simple tasks or even understand the survey and how to grade the call. SALES: I understand bottom line, I really do, but come on now, Loyalty is bleeding us dry. And we, the Frontline, have to make up for the excessive credits applied to questionable accounts. (one customers bill was only $4.99 per month, 3*, she pays less then me, and I get the AEP FREE!!) Hourly pay could/should be better. I understand starting pay, but someone, such as myself with years of experience and doing well, should not be given a few cents annual PA raise. With attaining the PAW award, most valued employee of the month, QA record holder, P4P 6 months (or more) in a row, back to back to back 5's in C-Sat, only to be given a slight increase....

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!

2. it has been nice and but little stagnant

Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the managers are awesome and the team is great

Cons

raises are a joke

Advice to Management

please consider a good raise to keep the good employees