fun place to work

Current Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers led by strong management. There's a real positive momentum right now because our products are winning awards and selling well. Plus, Charlie Ergen has a strategy to take us out of the mature pay TV market and into the wireless market.

My coworkers get on well and we sometimes do events together. Even as a designer, I sometimes get invited to events put on by the programmers like HBO or Starz.

All-in-all: this has been a great job.

Cons

Sometimes there's a culture class between old-school pay television people and more forward thinking team members who focus on tech, apps, and OTT. But I guess that's normal since most of our money comes from pay television still.

Hire more people who are "Digital Natives"

Other Reviews for DISH

Call center in Flushing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work in the South-Asian group at the call-center in Flushing. My favourite part of this job are my coworkers. The team here is close and fun. We often go to lunch and have dinner for coworkers' birthdays.

Despite being such an international city, New York City doesn't offer a lot of jobs that pay multi-lingual people well. Since I started working at Dish, I feel like my language abilities are valued by my employer. It's great! In addition to taking calls, I also help out with translating scripts and other materials. The culture is very diverse and international in our office. Training is paid.

Day-to-day work is interesting because no 2 customers are the same. It's generally pretty easy to know if you're performing well because of the metrics that are used to benchmark and compare employees.

My family is now insured and enjoys watching free Dish with all the channels in the south asian packs.

Cons

Long hours can be a drain if you're on the phone all day. On the other hand, the hours go every slower when there aren't any calls
    Supervisors can micromanage especially if your metrics aren't very good.

Remove some of the lower levels of management. I don't see them contributing much and in some cases they just add bureaucracy

Fun, forward-thinking company

Current Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dish is probably the best pay television provider in the US. That's not saying too much since the others are horrible, but I'm still glad to work for the company that has the most advanced technology and who's management makes a lot of effort to stay ahead of the competition. New products and company branding have been the focus since Joe Clayton became CEO. I love the team that I work with! Managers are sent to management training. Recently, focus has turned to core metrics. This is great because managers can know if they're meeting performance expectations. In addition to base pay, there's a lot of opportunity for bonuses based on performance. But take heed: getting these bonuses requires a lot of dedication and hard work.
    Free programming is another plus that my family appreciates.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement unless you want to go to corporate. That's not so bad, but I'm not sure how much value my experience installing will be. Medical insurance isn't very good.

Improve medical benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for DISH.

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!