DISH

There are newer employer reviews for DISH

so far so good

Current Employee - Analyst/Developer II in Englewood, CO
Current Employee - Analyst/Developer II in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pretty good for the new graduates

Cons

would be nice to have more PDOs

1953 Other Employee Reviews for DISH (View Most Recent)

Best pay I've had. Most unhappy I've ever been.

Current Employee - Team Lead in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Littleton, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Get free monthly programming and lots of free stuff like cups, mouse pads, posters, DVDs, etc.

Cons

Horrible schedules if you have a family or would like to have a life outside of work.
    Management only cares about the bad and with hit very hard on what you do wrong. Doing things right gets little to no praise.
    Dreading work is inevitable. Lots of people there have major health issues due to the stressful environment.
    Those that are in management positions are mostly not suitable for it. They don't have common sense and people skills.

The reason people do wrong is because they will get more attention then those doing right. Those who follow the policies and do everything right get little to no kudos. With those doing right they also don't get any time of the phones compared to those doing things wrong or just complaining.

Most current reviews are skewed by strong arm tactics

Current Employee - Warehouse Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Warehouse Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent. Having a job is a Pro!

Cons

Let me start by saying that reading through the company reviews that have been posted in the last year are hilarious! After the whole GlassDoor blowup at Dish, every employee was required to take an "anonymous" survey of the company. Along with the request was a note from Joe Clayton stating that Dish is not for everyone, and if you are a disgruntled employee that you might want to consider a career change. Fast forward a few days. My supervisor walks up to me and "reminds" me to take the survey. I asked him why he thought I had not taken the survey and he stated that my name was on the list of people that had not taken it yet. Ok, if it's absolutely anonymous, then why was my name on a report showing that I had in fact not taken it yet. Wake up people! I'm not going to survey myself out of a job! As much as I dislike my current situation, I need to earn money to feed my family and keep a roof over my head. The pay is decent (way better than being jobless/homeless), but is not comparable to other companies in this industry. Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance. I could continue, but I fear that going further I would loose site of the purpose of the review and it would simply become a rant that would be ignored.

Revamp from VP up. Nothing will ever change as long as Charlie Ergen and/or Joe Clayton are at the helm of the ship!

There are newer employer reviews for DISH