There are newer employer reviews for DISH

DISH Treats its Employees Like Trash

Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO
Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at DISH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If i had to sum up my time at DISH, I would say that it was overall a miserable place to work. It deserves to be the worst employer in the world. Now, I can tell you that I actually enjoyed my first six or so month on the job. After that, everything went completely downhill. I once heard one of the VP's tell a group of people that if you weren't cheating, then you weren't doing your job correctly. How horrible is that?

Some Pros:
I did like some of the people I got to work with, some were horrible as well
Great technology
Free DISH service

Cons

Good luck ever taking a vacation day off. They will still call you every five minutes.
Worst culture I've ever seen.
They dont care about their employees.
The pay scale for their employees is so off. Men get raises and promotions while women never do. Seriously the compensation for men on average must be atleast 20% higher for the same job.
They said they did away with the badge report (being in the office from 9-4) but that is completely untrue. It still exists.
It matters more about sucking up to management then it does about how good you are at your job.
That place is like big brother. Your every move is being watched from the cameras around the building and parking lot, to badging in and out.
The benefits there are awful. They say that the benefits are good. All lies.
ZERO work/life balance. They want you to work more and more. 50+ hours is not enough.

Advice to Management

Clean house in HR. That group is toxic. They are completely unethical. No wonder the turnover in that department has been so high.

reviews filtered by

"Dissh-ues!"

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Riverside, CA

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Free tv. Okay pay if you're a squeeky wheel and can illustrate your abilities properly with the mostly obsurd metrics and or annual performance appraisals.

Cons

No-home-life. unreasonable work hours. In-home-services has a calendar which predicts the future called the RPT, non-sense.

Advice to Management

The company is attempting to re-image themselves and acting like the problem is the at the bottom level of employees. The "dissh-ues" are much larger then that and start at the top of the company. Unreasonable metrics which are held against you and used to fire anyone they want to as needed. The place is a revolving door because there's no loyalty to employees and therefore no loyalty to the company.

2. Dish is a great place if you are looking to advance your career

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at DISH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If a person applies themself they can go far at Dish in a short amount of time.

Cons

The salary and health benefits could definately be improved for such a large company

Advice to Management

Advancement to management can happen quickly and now with great development plan and tools to be a good manager if the tools are used and you apply yourself

There are newer employer reviews for DISH