DKS Associates

www.dksassociates.com
There are newer employer reviews for DKS Associates

A good place to get started

I worked at DKS Associates

Pros

1. Challenging technical work.
2. Good place to learn the fundamentals of transportation consulting.
3. Solid reputation in the industry.
4. Excellent junior and mid level staff.

Cons

1. Each office operates as a franchise. Limits ability to deliver on larger proposals and projects.
2. Health benefits are robust but employee portion is very high.
3. Senior management tends to focus on achieving next week's financial objectives at the expense of next month's or next year's. Hampers long term company growth.

DKS Associates Response

Sep 9, 2014Human Resources Director

I appreciate the feedback. At DKS we are very proud of the exceptionally skilled professionals who make up our staff. We attract exceptional talent because we offer them opportunities to work on ... More

6 Other Employee Reviews for DKS Associates (View Most Recent)

Good place to gain technical experience

Current Employee - Transportation Planner
    Current Employee - Transportation Planner

I have been working at DKS Associates

Pros

Good place to gain technical experience and knowledge on technical analysis. Interesting technical work on a wide range of projects; project size, complexity, and type of work. Integrity and quality of technical work is very important at DKS.

Cons

Work environment varies widely between offices and across managers. Advancement opportunities, on-the-job training, cross training and mentoring varies widely between offices. Management focuses too much on short term profitability.

Invest more of management's time on career progression and advancement of junior and mid level staff, on a regular basis.

Challenging, innovative, staff centric environment that encourages collaboration and communication

I worked at DKS Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, ESOP and profit sharing. Office environment was fun and interactive. Project work was challenging but I learned a lot and was encouraged to learn more with training. Great communication of company strategic plan and many opportunities to be a part of that process. Flexible and very accommodating scheduling with maternity/paternity leave.

Cons

Worked very long hours some weeks. Seems to lack women in upper management roles.

Improve project management practices to better minimize dramatic swings in workload.

There are newer employer reviews for DKS Associates