DLA Piper

www.dlapiper.com
  www.dlapiper.com
There are newer employer reviews for DLA Piper

A good place to work but with caveats.

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in New York, NY
Former Employee - Legal Secretary in New York, NY

I worked at DLA Piper

Pros

Relatively high pay. Excellent benefits including health insurance from day one. Respect for employees and work-life balance. Good Paid Time Off system (rather than vacation/personal/sick days). Very few real jerks among the lawyers.

Cons

Excessive bureaucracy and territorial behavior. Office services unit (outside contractor) was very unreliable but a new company was hired in 2009 and may have improved this.

Contain bloat, weed out poor performers. Solve the problem of crippling conflicts that arise from a firm of such size that can prevent taking on new business (or prevent incoming partners from quickly bringing in their existing clients).

63 Other Employee Reviews for DLA Piper (View Most Recent)

DLA Piper: A great place to work unless you report to the ungrateful and insensitive.

Former Employee - Former Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at DLA Piper

Pros

The compensation and benefits you receive there are beyond compare. They pay very well and there were a lot of "perks." The workload kept you busy and the people are pretty decent to work with. I made some really good friends there.

Cons

I really didn't have any until the economy went sour. It then became a place of dread and fear of losing my job. The upper management has no respect for the staff employees. They never took the time to find out what we did all day and therefore made decisions based on little or no information. And they didn't care. They chose favorites and moved forward with no reall indication of the real world outside of their own.

Leatn what your employees do. Have more respect for the people who come in everyday and bust their butt for that company.

Great company

Former Employee - Governmental Relations in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Governmental Relations in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at DLA Piper as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

great experience, really useful in my future work

Cons

hard work, no room for slacking.

I had very little experience or interaction with upper management

There are newer employer reviews for DLA Piper