DLA Piper

www.dlapiper.com

A good place to work but with caveats.

Legal Secretary (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsRelatively high pay. Excellent benefits including health insurance from day one. Respect for employees and work-life balance. Good Paid Time Off system (rather than vacation/personal/sick days). Very few real jerks among the lawyers.

ConsExcessive bureaucracy and territorial behavior. Office services unit (outside contractor) was very unreliable but a new company was hired in 2009 and may have improved this.

Advice to Senior ManagementContain bloat, weed out poor performers. Solve the problem of crippling conflicts that arise from a firm of such size that can prevent taking on new business (or prevent incoming partners from quickly bringing in their existing clients).

DLA Piper: A great place to work unless you report to the ungrateful and insensitive.

Former Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

I worked at DLA Piper

Pros: The compensation and benefits you receive there are beyond compare. They pay very well and there were a lot of "perks."… Cons: I really didn't have any until the economy went sour. It then became a place of dread and fear of losing my job. … Advice to Senior Management: Leatn what your employees do. Have more respect for the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A good work experience, gained a lot of know-how

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

I have been working at DLA Piper full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: International environment, cross-border cooperation opportunities Cons: It's difficicult to get a vacation, poor internal cooperation – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DLA Piper.

Worked for DLA Piper? Contribute to the Community!