DMC Atlanta

There are newer employer reviews for DMC Atlanta

Great Culture and Provided Self Improvement

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DMC Atlanta full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible Team Atmosphere. I enjoyed that the President of the company personally took time to help me grow as a person. It was fun working with energetic, goal oriented people who were passionate about growth. I developed some great communication, leadership, and time management skills. I love that there is a Foosball table in the lobby!

Cons

Some traveling is involved. I loved it, but some people I know like to stay in Atlanta.

Keep doing what you are doing, and pushing your team members to be excellent.

54 Other Employee Reviews for DMC Atlanta (View Most Recent)

Great people. The job is a pyramid scheme though.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people you work with are great. Part of this is because the people they hire are great. Other than the questionable morals you realize they have when you leave, the management seem like good, fun people.

Cons

Unfortunately, a larger part of this is due to the way management tricks people into thinking they have a good job. It's almost cult like. You can't complain about your job. You work more than 40 hours a week for $300/week, making it less than minimum wage. They promise commission, but you don't really make any. You drive between 80-100 miles a day (NOT an exaggeration) and aren't reimbursed for gas. You can't live on this job. Beware any company using terms like "multilevel marketing". They're pyramid schemes, pure and simple. I truly wish I could convey how badly this job should be avoided. They'll suck you in and get you excited about becoming a manager one day, but play the numbers. 95% of them will never become managers, and the rest get paid more depending on the people beneath them. If you're familiar with what a pyramid scheme is, you may notice these things quickly. I did, but I ignored them because I wanted it to be a good job. Don't fall for it. You'll delude yourself into thinking it's a good job. The only good thing about it is you can put "Account Manager" on your resume when you leave, but even then, when future employers ask you about it, you'll
    have to try and make "I sold Direct TV in WalMart" sound like a professional career. Note they will pretty much hire anyone; partially because of the revolving door-like nature of the employees, partially because the more people they hire, the more they have underneath them in their pyramid.

DMC Atlanta Response

Dec 4, 2013President

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. I'd like to clarify a few things:

1. NO ONE is supposed to work over 40 hours without permission.
    2. We have promoted people to
    ... More

Invaluable work experience. I learned what college wouldn't and didn't teach me.

Former Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Dunwoody, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at DMC Atlanta full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Team atmosphere
    - Management is dedicated to your success
    - The training is amazing
    - Employees are great to work with
    - Huge emphasis on helping others succeed
    - No politics
    - Advancement based on what you do, not tenure.

Cons

- You must be a good self manager / self starter to succeed. If you can't stay focused, or your easily distracted or unmotivated, it won't be a good fit.
    - You actually have to work. This is not a good job if you are just looking for a desk job.

My advice to management would be to keep doing what they're doing. Although in the end the company wasn't a good fit for me because of other passions I wanted to pursue, it is still an amazing company and my time there was awesome. They do a great job, and so if anything, my advice would just be to continue to stay consistent.

DMC Atlanta Response

Sep 27, 2013President

Thank you so much! I am glad you learned and gained skills that you can apply to your goals and other passions! Much success to you in future endeavors!

There are newer employer reviews for DMC Atlanta