There are newer employer reviews for DME

Good place to work if you are desperate

Current Employee - Employee in Madison Heights, MI
Current Employee - Employee in Madison Heights, MI

I have been working at DME

Pros

Nice colleagues. A decent commute from most of the Detroit Metro area.

Cons

If you are looking for a rinky-dink company with low pay, shitty benefits (with HUGE deductibles) and a management team that couldn’t find it’s ass with both hands, look no farther. You would have to be desperate to work here by choice, but many recent graduates and long-term unemployed are, so they are likely to have a steady supply of candidates (aka victims). The company’s HR practices are so antiquated they are laughable and they should be called “Personnel” instead.

Advice to management: listen to your employees. Pay them fairly & improve your benefit programs. Conduct an employee engagement survey. Update HR practices and hire some competent, progressive HR practitioners. Treat employees with a modicum of respect. HR should support, not impede, the organization’s goals. You cannot rely on a poor economy for a steady supply of victims forever.

3 Other Employee Reviews for DME (View Most Recent)

DME was one of the best companies to work for. Things have changed over the years, but it has a family atmosphere..

Current Employee - Payroll Assistant in Madison Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Payroll Assistant in Madison Heights, MI

I have been working at DME full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in the payroll department so I knew what everyone made and pay was above average for everyone. .

Cons

Sometimes lack of control and some people got away with murder. Most of the employees were related in some way.

I haven't work there in a while so can't comment on advice to management. I am sure that the same management is not there anymore.

Frustrating

I have been working at DME full-time

Pros

Most co-workers are great. Almost like family with some of them. Good place to get your feet wet in the plastics industry.

Cons

Horrible management. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. They don't listen to employees, don't think through on new policies or procedures, and don't recognize opportunities for improvement. Constantly lose quality employees due to the company lack of vision

Listen to your employees, watch the younger crowd as they will be the next to take over.

There are newer employer reviews for DME