DP Nicoli

www.dpnicoli.com
There are newer employer reviews for DP Nicoli

Good job for if you can handle the egos

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Tualatin, OR
Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Tualatin, OR

I worked at DP Nicoli

Pros

Salary is above average and they want you to use your expense account. The customer base is loyal. They are locked in on a few government contracts for over a year.

Cons

Interoffice politics are more important then results. The leadership is over confident in their abilities to the point that they leave much to be desired. They will charge a mark up on damaged rentals and this will make for difficult customer relations.

Look at the results and the growth that is achieved by the employee. Remember that many of the customers that you have use you out of habit. If you are not bringing in new customers problems can arise.

6 Other Employee Reviews for DP Nicoli (View Most Recent)

Middle management lacks leadership skills

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

I worked at DP Nicoli full-time (less than a year)

Pros

$$$...and they have great people here that have been lucky enough to stick around(Lucky Dollars).

Employees are in positions due to politics more than KSAs.

Shoring has a limited amount of competition in the Portland, Oregon market. Only United and Cascade shoring are viable alternatives. This helps ensure this company remains viable in regards to shoring...piling is a different story as they have a very niche offering without a solid mill relationship. Shoring is mostly a brokered offering to supplement the stock they have.

Cons

I was hired and told it would take up to 1 year to be fully trained on this job due to the fact I was working in two departments and had no prior piling or shoring experience. My manager on average worked 4-5 hours a day. I could care less how much she worked but it did make training difficult as training didn't fit into that limited time frame. I had the skills and ability to help this company grow/profit but not the knowledge of the industry.

They seemed more concerned about internal and external politics over development in a lot of cases. Employees are expected to perform the job but not given any direction in regards to what the company expects. The only direction I was given came in the form of a list not provided by my manager during my 2nd week on the job.

I was very disappoint it didn't work out but not surprised given the work environment and culture.

Don't hire people with no experience/knowledge in this industry if you cannot train them or at least provide some structured expectation/plan for them. "Not the right fit" is not a good excuse for poor management.

Stressful

I worked at DP Nicoli

Pros

Money Money Money Money Money

Cons

Total disregard for the way you are talked to.

There are newer employer reviews for DP Nicoli