DPR Construction

www.dpr.com

Hard Work and Hard Play

Project Engineer Senior (Current Employee)

ProsIn this field we already know long hours are normal and expected, but I appreciate that it is okay to have fun while we do it. The passion and heart are spot on, and I am proud of the honesty and sincerity my colleagues have as their standard practice. I know that the values of integrity and uniqueness are practiced daily. Removing the pretense of titles can create some confusion, but helps the ambiance of each office stay casual in a way that supports productivity.

ConsWith high expectations and elite workers, I do think it's forgotten that praise and appreciation for hard work and skill is still needed, both via feedback, reviews, and as a standard practice. I do think the PTO is light for vacation and sick time, and that benefits are not as solid as they could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe know what we stand for, and know and embrace our values, but now rather than selling our beliefs and message, we have to find a way to employ them and keep them as strong as our company grows so that the culture isn’t diluted. We value enjoyment, but have difficulty combining support for it with our demanding and stressful work lives. Don’t assume that hiring the best is the end of the line for appreciation – praise and rewards are appreciated and keep motivation, passion, and morale strong with these incredibly talented employees. Find ways to make them know their hours and dedication isn’t taken for granted, and you will see they find even more passion to always keep DPR at our best. We also must find a way to better connect our strengths across offices so each step forward we take in one region/office can be replicated in our other regions at the same time. We are only as good as our competition if we don’t break away from the communication and distance restraints that keep other companies mediocre.

Great group of people; high expectations; little direction

I have been working at DPR Construction

Pros: The smartest group of people I've even been part of. DPR knows how to… Cons: By virtue of the fact that there is little micromanagement (which is a good thing in general), individuals with drive and smarts can do great… Advice to Senior Management: The entrepreneurial spirit upon which the company's stratospheric growth has been based is dying because that spirit is no longer being rewarded and differentiated. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It is a challenging environment but we have lots of fun too.

I have been working at DPR Construction

Pros: The office is fun and the work keeps me engaged. We have to continue learning to fulfill the 80 hours of learning… Cons: There is not a lot of direction on career path which is good and bad since it is… Advice to Senior Management: Encouragement is so important. The morale at the office is great, and motivation is high… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DPR Construction.

Worked for DPR Construction? Contribute to the Community!