There are newer employer reviews for DPR Construction

Hard Work and Hard Play

Current Employee - Project Engineer Senior
Current Employee - Project Engineer Senior

I have been working at DPR Construction

Pros

In this field we already know long hours are normal and expected, but I appreciate that it is okay to have fun while we do it. The passion and heart are spot on, and I am proud of the honesty and sincerity my colleagues have as their standard practice. I know that the values of integrity and uniqueness are practiced daily. Removing the pretense of titles can create some confusion, but helps the ambiance of each office stay casual in a way that supports productivity.

Cons

With high expectations and elite workers, I do think it's forgotten that praise and appreciation for hard work and skill is still needed, both via feedback, reviews, and as a standard practice. I do think the PTO is light for vacation and sick time, and that benefits are not as solid as they could be.

We know what we stand for, and know and embrace our values, but now rather than selling our beliefs and message, we have to find a way to employ them and keep them as strong as our company grows so that the culture isn’t diluted. We value enjoyment, but have difficulty combining support for it with our demanding and stressful work lives. Don’t assume that hiring the best is the end of the line for appreciation – praise and rewards are appreciated and keep motivation, passion, and morale strong with these incredibly talented employees. Find ways to make them know their hours and dedication isn’t taken for granted, and you will see they find even more passion to always keep DPR at our best. We also must find a way to better connect our strengths across offices so each step forward we take in one region/office can be replicated in our other regions at the same time. We are only as good as our competition if we don’t break away from the communication and distance restraints that keep other companies mediocre.

33 Other Employee Reviews for DPR Construction (View Most Recent)

Rewarding, have been able to run some very demading and tecnical projects

Current Employee - Senior Superintendent
    Current Employee - Senior Superintendent

I have been working at DPR Construction

Pros

You are left alone to do your job, but the support is their if you ask

Cons

this can be a dificult company to work for if yu don't figure out how we work

Keep up the good work

Great group of people; high expectations; little direction

I have been working at DPR Construction

Pros

The smartest group of people I've even been part of. DPR knows how to hire the cream of the crop. Relative to other GCs, the pay is good.

Cons

By virtue of the fact that there is little micromanagement (which is a good thing in general), individuals with drive and smarts can do great things on their with virtually no internal constraints. The problem is, when they do so, they company reaps most of the benefits and the individual only reaps marginal benefits. By benefits I mean salary, bonus and recognition. Great place to get paid decently while learning how to excel at something profitable, while unfortunately not seeing much of the profit yourself.

The entrepreneurial spirit upon which the company's stratospheric growth has been based is dying because that spirit is no longer being rewarded and differentiated. Do not let the growth of the company turn it into just another big slow ship that can't turn fast enough or recognize the individual crew members that keep it sailing fast and straight.

There are newer employer reviews for DPR Construction

Worked for DPR Construction? Contribute to the Community!