DRM

www.drmarbys.com
  www.drmarbys.com
There are newer employer reviews for DRM

DRM is only for those who are starting out in their careers.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at DRM full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Honest, pressure-free. Nice work environment.

Cons

Benefits counted as salary. There is no work for career oriented employees

Improve benefits, improve orientation over career

5 Other Employee Reviews for DRM (View Most Recent)

It was ok at first but eventually the management went WAY downhill.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at DRM part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was very close to my home, good opportunities to move up in positions

Cons

Seldom get raises, I had to practically BEG for a raise after being there for a year and a half, and I only got $0.50. The management SUCKS. It becomes too much of a "drama-filled" environment, and everyone knows everything about everybody.

Train your managers/shift managers better, make them treat team members with respect. Learn to praise good employees with better benefits and raises that aren't BEGGED for.

Not The Job They Say It Is

Former Employee - Assistant Unit Director in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Assistant Unit Director in Appleton, WI

I worked at DRM (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, great free meal benefit each shift.

Cons

The company's mission looks good on paper & in theory, but doesn't get practiced by the DM's or below. It's all a facade. We were trained to be positive & appear like everything was great, even though it wasn't. I often wondered if the owner, Marc Johnson, truly knew how things really were. I was a salaried assistant & worked 9-14 hour days with no break. We were expected to be on call 365 days a year & rarely got a day off. My UD spent tons of money out of his own pocket to keep his store looking good & his employees motivated. You are given sick days, but can't actually use them because you never have anyone with enough hours to cover your shift. If you do use them, you are looked down upon by your DM. I had a medical emergency and had to take leave for several weeks & was basically treated like a leper because it inconvenienced my DM. I was a next in line UD, but after having to be out for my surgery, they gave the position to someone else and didn't like me anymore. Everyone at corporate is really nice & Marc seems really nice too. I don't think he has a clue how poorly the managers are really treated and don't believe he would stand for it if he did know. I worked for the company for almost 5 years from crew member to AUD.

Allow managers to have a life outside of work. We put our heart and soul into Arby's. We are not doctors, so we shouldn't be expected to be on call 24/7. If you're going to offer a benefit, let your employees actually use it and without being made to feel guilty or fear of retribution. Give stores a small budget for items like employee contests, bettering the store, decorations etc or DON'T expect them to do these things out of pocket. Managers don't make that much when they are salaried and averaging 50+ hours a week, so they cannot afford these extras. I am no longer employed at DRM because of these issues. I think you will continue to lose great people if you do not fix these problems.

There are newer employer reviews for DRM