DRS Technologies

High Tech and High Expectations

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Melbourne, FL
Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at DRS Technologies

Pros

They are a growing company in a very exciting market. If you are interested in taking on a challenging role, and willing to sacrifice extra time outside of normal operating hours, you can gain some valuable skills and build your technical tool kit.

Cons

Company makes huge profits, but doesn't reward employees with any kind of profit sharing or substantial raises. Many of the senior employees have a disgruntle attitude or you might say a chip on their shoulder. Information is hard to come by and communications are very compartmentalized.

More of an active role in the workings of employees day to day tasks,

211 Other Employee Reviews for DRS Technologies (View Most Recent)

Sometimes I wonder if our DRS division stands for Dumb Retarded Stupid ...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

I have been working at DRS Technologies

Pros

Salary is above average, short commute to home, important mission in serving our troops and other men and women who protect our country

Cons

Too many to list for our division. Incompetent management that micromanages, unreasonable expectations, lack of structure and processes, low morale, high turnover rate, high stress, no sense of belonging, unprofessional conduct

trust your employees to do the job, respect your people, set up reasonable expectations and goals

DRS Laurel Technologies--great place to work--few faults

Current Employee - Security Officer in Johnstown, PA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Johnstown, PA

I have been working at DRS Technologies

Pros

This company seems very stable. The benefit package offered to full-time employees is exceptional for this area. Every employee can choose the medical plan fits their own needs. The co-pay is fair for each plan. I haven't seen too many employees who have a difficult time catching on to the job get fired. The company would rather help most through their difficulties and keep them employeed.

Cons

Pay rates for factory employees are not as good at this location, as other divisions of DRS. Priorities for getting things done seem to be a problem. Things that are important seem unimportant. As long as when visitors come in and it looks good, it passes. Evaluations are not rated on job performances but on a "popularity" basis. Communication with H.R. is difficult. Sometimes no response at all.

Certain jobs should be paid at the same rate. All the employees do the same duties. Longevity should not be included in the hourly rate, it should be paid as a bonus. Get someone to manage the H.R. dept. who has concern for the employees and not trying to make things look good. When you report to the employees of how well the company did, financially, reward the employees who actually do the work.

There are newer employer reviews for DRS Technologies