DRS Technologies

High Tech and High Expectations

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Melbourne, FL
Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at DRS Technologies

Pros

They are a growing company in a very exciting market. If you are interested in taking on a challenging role, and willing to sacrifice extra time outside of normal operating hours, you can gain some valuable skills and build your technical tool kit.

Cons

Company makes huge profits, but doesn't reward employees with any kind of profit sharing or substantial raises. Many of the senior employees have a disgruntle attitude or you might say a chip on their shoulder. Information is hard to come by and communications are very compartmentalized.

More of an active role in the workings of employees day to day tasks,

220 Other Employee Reviews for DRS Technologies (View Most Recent)

The customer comes first until the check is cashed and the employees are bottom feeders.

Current Employee - Logistics in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Logistics in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at DRS Technologies

Pros

Vacation time is plentyful, rotating work weeks having every other Friday off.

Cons

DRS will not provide any knowledge to employees on what the pay ranges are in your salary grade scale. They lack providing opportunities and feedback on what you must accomplish to be eligable for promotions. DRS management changes the written policy guidence on a whim. The benefits are great but basic pay compensation is lacking and the average annual pay raise is less then 3%. Travel policy changes from per-diem to no perdiem on a whim. If traveling for the company you are left defending every buisiness expense charge down to explaining what you ate for dinner and if it was a reasonable meal even if it comes under the actual and reasonable policy.

Listen to your people and spend a day in their shoes.

Sometimes I wonder if our DRS division stands for Dumb Retarded Stupid ...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lorton, VA

I have been working at DRS Technologies

Pros

Salary is above average, short commute to home, important mission in serving our troops and other men and women who protect our country

Cons

Too many to list for our division. Incompetent management that micromanages, unreasonable expectations, lack of structure and processes, low morale, high turnover rate, high stress, no sense of belonging, unprofessional conduct

trust your employees to do the job, respect your people, set up reasonable expectations and goals

There are newer employer reviews for DRS Technologies