There are newer employer reviews for DS Services of America

Belmont Location. Drivers abused & under valued, bottom of barrel pay & half witted upper management

Former Employee - Cdl B Route Sales Driver in Belmont, MA
Former Employee - Cdl B Route Sales Driver in Belmont, MA

I worked at DS Services of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there aren't any pros at this point. and thats not just hostility talking, there unfortunately really aren't any.

Cons

old trucks, poor management, zero loyality, bottom scale pay, Head manager has NO clue what he's doing and more than 4 drivers have quit in 2 yrs. most just leaving the truck on the side of the road and never returning.

Advice to Management

Revamp the entire management team! get someone in there that VALUES the fact that if you didn't have US DRIVERS you would NOT have a business..PERIOD> we are NOT expendable. Once you stop treating us this way maybe we'd work hard for the company. No xmas party, no bonuses, no raises. NOTHING. Seriously NOTHING to motivate us drivers. BOGUS company. Pay raises are pitched to is in the form of here is even more work for you to do, & if you do it it raises your commission if you don't oh well, be poor

Other Employee Reviews for DS Services of America

Lots of support to work really hard

Current Employee - Route Service Representative in Lakeside, CA
    Current Employee - Route Service Representative in Lakeside, CA

I have been working at DS Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bosses are really cool and supportive. Lot's of incentives to work harder and stay out longer

Cons

Climbing the ladder here seems like even more work for not as a good a payoff. Sometimes unnecessarily dangerous

Advice to Management

I have not been here very long but have been in this industry many years. It seems like their employees do not feel listened to. The idea that providing the BEST customer service and the overall experience for the customer is getting lost in translation.

2. I would rate "0" out of 5 stars if I could

Former Employee - RSR
    Former Employee - RSR

I worked at DS Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RSR's and Customers, THATS IT...

Cons

Company is always finding new ways to increase the bottom line, (not so much a problem if they wouldnt screw with the employees pay). Product quality is getting worse by the day as the company continues their effort to decrease costs. Company looks down on people who reside in mobile homes and apartments.(was told by branch manager not to set high end equipment in those places) Management is not on the same page and is often counter-productive. Customer billing is always a mess. You are commissioned and only get compensated for your sales efforts not the100 other tasks you are required to do on a daily basis. IN OTHER WORDS, THEY WASTE YOUR TIME & DO NOT VALUE YOU....

Advice to Management

As another review stated, a revamp better be considered for this company to succeed, otherwise it will fail.