DSCI

www.dsci.com

These reviews are from disgruntled employees

Corporate Staff (Current Employee) Eatontown, NJ

ProsThe company has a wonderful 401k and education reimbursement policy, pay is above defense contractor average. At a company of over 800 employees, only about 5 or 6 people are related to the CEO and only one of them is upper management, the rest are everyday employees. So first and foremost, the claims of nepotism are clearly exaggerated. The companies stock is at the highest its been during my tenure (almost 6 years), and the company is pursuing and winning more contracts than ever. The CEO started this company from basically nothing, lost it briefly to investors a few years ago, and was brought back in with overwhelming support by the employee stockholders. Clearly these 20 or so comments about the CEO and nepotism are outweighed by the other 800 employees who truly understand how much the CEO cares for the company and employees.

ConsWhile there is more job security in the corporate side, those working in the other divisions are treated to a different standard (shorter hours, higher pay for same work). Unfortunately contracts run their course and end, and layoffs are made. This does create a frantic environment for job security, but a large portion of the employees seem to find other work in the company until the next contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to save money, look to get rid of those in management roles instead of cutting corners and penny pinching for the worker bees. Many of the upper staff have no clear job there and are making some real good money and remain there for years until the CEO realizes the company is bleeding money for these useless positions given to people on past merit that never comes to fruition.

Train Wreck

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at DSCI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Excellent Wages, excellent benefits - the only benefit of working at DSCI is they… Cons: This is a disorganized company that has many serious problems. Most of the issues stem from the senior management. Employees are… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up -- you are destroying lives of employees and the reputation of the company. It is time for drastic changes to this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not worth the money, paid to be belittled.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Eatontown, NJ

I worked at DSCI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Salary was comensurate with some of the better contractor companies, but like I said you will have… Cons: Everything is mandatory, kind of loses the meaning after a while. Meetings held at 12:00 and 6:00 to make sure that you have to work… Advice to Senior Management: To be successful, this company needs to hire a new leader that will help this organization grow. It is still being micro managed as if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DSCI.

Worked for DSCI? Contribute to the Community!