There are newer employer reviews for DSI

Terrible company, leadership is awful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Pros

There are very few reasons to ever work at a DSI. The management team is the worst I have ever soon in my 22 years as a professional working in tech companies.

Cons

Not sure where to start. The zero match on the 401K ever is good. There is a private jet for executives only for personal and sometimes professional use. This is called "DSI Air 401K" by the common people in the company. CEO is son of the founder. Silver spoon syndrome. Woefully inadequate to fill the role as a leader. In the 2.5 years I worked there I saw him come out of his office 2 times. Was only there 10% of the time.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with some respect. Kansas City is a small town and you have a really bad reputation in the technology community.

Other Employee Reviews for DSI

Culture of Paranoia and Micromanagement

I worked at DSI full-time

Pros

It's a job. There's no other reason to work here other than a means to pay your bills.

Cons

Too much micromanagement Too much fear Too little recognition for your contribution Too many to list

Advice to Management

The theme continues: In my experience in the tech industry, I've had the opportunity to work in 9 software companies. DSI is the worst experience, bar none. It's hard to offer any 'advice to management' when it would fall on deaf ears. It's time for 'the family' to cash out and let someone with real experience and a passion for people, customers, and product to take this business to the next level.

They still have a lot to learn

I worked at DSI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product (in theory) is pretty good. Initial compensation packages are average for this industry.

Cons

So many to list...They bring "passing the buck to a whole new level". No one at the corporate office wants to work and it's easier to pull teeth than to get anything done. There is an extreme case of paranoia at this company. The son that became CEO has no history of ever buying or selling anything professionally, which shows he is lost. The management is only concerned with their bonuses & lacks the ability to make decisions to get things done as noted in other reviews. Also as noted it is very true that NO ONE is ever safe and you go to work daily wondering if that day will be your last. It's a classic case of a very small fish thinking it's bigger than it is & never needing to accommodate anyone else. Could go on and on...

Advice to Management

Get off your "high horse" and realize that without your employees, you are doomed to fail. Your reputation (from those that have even heard of you) is not good in the industry. Things won't improve until the management and culture does.