DST Systems

www.dstsystems.com

DST should be an acronym that means "Don't Stay There"!

Unit Manager (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsCo-workers were good for the most part. I enjoyed my employees and they were a family to me. Health insurance was decent if you were single but very expensive for families.

ConsIf you or someone you know is looking at joining the DST Full Service division, run for you life!! The pay is well below market (I know because I was in management and worked for a competitor before my position was outsourced to DST.) Quality of work life is VERY LOW. They insist on running a very lean staff (non-management), which makes good since on paper but at the same time they make over time mandatory. Anyone whom is unable to stay and work overtime, is eventually fired. Missouri is a "Hire at Will / Fire at Will" state and DST takes full advantage of this law. Their Senior Management and Officers are the epitome of "The Boys Club" and could care less about their employee's work life balance and quality of work life.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as human beings! The Quality of Work Life is the worst in the industry. It is your responsibility to make it better. Make DST a place where people LOVE to work and you'll attract and retain a higher caliber of employees. Ever heard of Google? Wake up!

DST is good place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

I have been working at DST Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Oppurtunity to work. Good Salary Cons: work culture. Growth within company is less Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Management not trustworthy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

I worked at DST Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits were decent, CoWorkers are good people Cons: MicroManaged in most departments, understaffed, expected to work 24/7/365, pay is low vs industry,, Managers play games… Advice to Senior Management: Stop worrying about your own bonus and staff your departments appropriately. Stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DST Systems.

Worked for DST Systems? Contribute to the Community!