There are newer employer reviews for DST Systems

DST should be an acronym that means "Don't Stay There"!

Former Employee - Unit Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Unit Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at DST Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Co-workers were good for the most part. I enjoyed my employees and they were a family to me. Health insurance was decent if you were single but very expensive for families.

Cons

If you or someone you know is looking at joining the DST Full Service division, run for you life!! The pay is well below market (I know because I was in management and worked for a competitor before my position was outsourced to DST.) Quality of work life is VERY LOW. They insist on running a very lean staff (non-management), which makes good since on paper but at the same time they make over time mandatory. Anyone whom is unable to stay and work overtime, is eventually fired. Missouri is a "Hire at Will / Fire at Will" state and DST takes full advantage of this law. Their Senior Management and Officers are the epitome of "The Boys Club" and could care less about their employee's work life balance and quality of work life.

Treat your employees as human beings! The Quality of Work Life is the worst in the industry. It is your responsibility to make it better. Make DST a place where people LOVE to work and you'll attract and retain a higher caliber of employees. Ever heard of Google? Wake up!

161 Other Employee Reviews for DST Systems (View Most Recent)

Management not trustworthy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at DST Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits were decent, CoWorkers are good people

Cons

MicroManaged in most departments, understaffed, expected to work 24/7/365, pay is low vs industry,, Managers play games and play favorites, most managers do not care about the staff. Outsourcing jobs overseas regularly, layoffs regualrly

Stop worrying about your own bonus and staff your departments appropriately. Stop burning out staff and support them so they can do their jobs.

My experience with DST is great.

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at DST Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cons

Government COntracting environment is unstable. Great work environment and work lif e balance, employees are great and fun to work with. Great partiesare held and great bonus pools.

There are newer employer reviews for DST Systems

Worked for DST Systems? Contribute to the Community!