DST Systems

www.dstsystems.com
  www.dstsystems.com
There are newer employer reviews for DST Systems

Kansas City -- what do you expect?

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at DST Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My paychecks came on time.

Cons

DST bought a division of State Street in New York that I worked for. State Street had same-sex domestic partner benefits (this was 2002), and DST didn't. I went back and forth with them, refuting arguments such as "it will cost us money" and "it will raise our experience." Finally, it came down to "we are just not going to do that." They cut my pay. They outsourced my job to Australia. Finally, after being lazy about 401K consolidation for too many years, I got on top of that this year. DST's process for 401K distributions is still paper-based, is done once a month, and involves at least six weeks of waiting before I got my distribution. I would expect nothing less.

Get rid of that person in HR who said "when I started we did distributions once a year."

179 Other Employee Reviews for DST Systems (View Most Recent)

Not enough resources to prosper the growth of certain departments.

Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at DST Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Career growth in certain departments

Cons

Not enough resources, subpar co-workers,

Communications among departs needs improvements

DST should be an acronym that means "Don't Stay There"!

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at DST Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers were good for the most part. I enjoyed my employees and they were a family to me. Health insurance was decent if you were single but very expensive for families.

Cons

If you or someone you know is looking at joining the DST Full Service division, run for you life!! The pay is well below market (I know because I was in management and worked for a competitor before my position was outsourced to DST.) Quality of work life is VERY LOW. They insist on running a very lean staff (non-management), which makes good since on paper but at the same time they make over time mandatory. Anyone whom is unable to stay and work overtime, is eventually fired. Missouri is a "Hire at Will / Fire at Will" state and DST takes full advantage of this law. Their Senior Management and Officers are the epitome of "The Boys Club" and could care less about their employee's work life balance and quality of work life.

Treat your employees as human beings! The Quality of Work Life is the worst in the industry. It is your responsibility to make it better. Make DST a place where people LOVE to work and you'll attract and retain a higher caliber of employees. Ever heard of Google? Wake up!

There are newer employer reviews for DST Systems