There are newer employer reviews for DST Systems

Meh

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at DST Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- good benefits
- quiet work environment (also can be a con)
-great parking

Cons

I just can't get with the rigid work environment and mandatory overtime. I swear my brain feels like it's frying by the end of the day. Micromanagement is at a high with this company so if you are looking for an "Office Space" type feel well this is the job for you. I do not feel like you can grow much within this company and I feel very well underpaid.

I think they need to research "google like" tactics to actually keep their employees. While the work environment is quiet it is also very dry and I feel indifferent about my coworkers. Not much for creativity or social interaction much at this company. I feel like they are way "late in the times" when it comes to their management. The computer systems are always "down." One would think that a big company like this would improve in technology.

Fortunately the TC's I work with are very nice and have been very helpful but at the same time this place is definitely not a place I work with for life

Leave space for your employers to grow!

reviews filtered by

Kansas City -- what do you expect?

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at DST Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My paychecks came on time.

Cons

DST bought a division of State Street in New York that I worked for. State Street had same-sex domestic partner benefits (this was 2002), and DST didn't. I went back and forth with them, refuting arguments such as "it will cost us money" and "it will raise our experience." Finally, it came down to "we are just not going to do that." They cut my pay. They outsourced my job to Australia. Finally, after being lazy about 401K consolidation for too many years, I got on top of that this year. DST's process for 401K distributions is still paper-based, is done once a month, and involves at least six weeks of waiting before I got my distribution. I would expect nothing less.

Get rid of that person in HR who said "when I started we did distributions once a year."

2. Not enough resources to prosper the growth of certain departments.

Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at DST Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Career growth in certain departments

Cons

Not enough resources, subpar co-workers,

Communications among departs needs improvements

There are newer employer reviews for DST Systems