There are newer employer reviews for DSW

Love my Fellow Shoe Lovers!!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Sterling Heights, MI
Current Employee - Store Manager in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at DSW full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is so many reasons why I love working at DSW, the people, the product, the challenge, the customers, Everything! But, if I had to whittle it down to one thing, it has to be that I matter. They listen to me, they ask me my thoughts on issues, I am included in corporate initiatives, I am challenged and developed, they support me and charities that I volunteer with, and they allow me to be a business owner. It wasn't always the case, when I first started working at DSW it was very task focused, policy focused, and they have grown with time to become what I feel is one the greatest companies to work for!

Cons

At DSW, they know their faults, they acknowledge them, come up with solutions, and tackle them. For many of us managers we are activators, and we want something now, and are very impatient, but with patience come tested and tried policies, processes, and IT. It is when we rush through something, that is when we have issues; whether it is the scheduling tool, a computer program, or anything else. But they are always quick to rectify it.

Advice to Management

Continue on our Journey! We are making great strides, and it keeps getting better!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work for retail

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at DSW part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is very simple and repetitive No late night shifts Do not have to worry about commission Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes hard to get hours Low starting pay, $8.50 Always want to make changes to the schedule after its been posted. Ask you to change your schedule a lot.

Group Interview

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at DSW part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

overall fun questions with a group of 10 people (including myself)

Cons

You really have to out shine everyone. Once you hear other peoples answer you can modify what you want to say.

Advice to Management

come prepared with some question. such as Why do you want to work here ? If you were a shoe what would you be and why ? explain some type of experience you had with dealing with an angry customer ? have you ever had a disagreement with your boss/ supervisor and how did you handle it?