DSW

www.dsw.com
  www.dsw.com
There are newer employer reviews for DSW

It is a job worth having.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at DSW part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I personally love working at DSW. The environment I work in is fun and energetic. The other co-workers are fun to talk to and we are all about being the best for the customers. Working at DSW, the managers are there to give you support so you get the best out of working there. If you do something wrong they will help you on fixing the problems so you can do better in the work area. Working at DSW they also give the hours I needed to be also successful in college, if I have to have a schedule shift change so I can go to class during the week, they will set up a schedule for me so I can still focus on school and also make some money while at it. Every time I schedule days off, they have always schedule it off for me (When I schedule it 3 weeks in advance). I love working at DSW and look forward to working there until I graduate.

Cons

They aren't big fans if you miss a lot of rewards, but you just need to know what the rewards program is and how to approach the new person who doesn't know anything about it.

532 Other Employee Reviews for DSW (View Most Recent)

Well Run Retail Organization

Former Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at DSW as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Really smart people working there. IT systems have been improving for several years. Working environment is really nice, including a great cafeteria. They don't suffer fools for long, so turn-over seems reasonable.

Cons

Inter-department communications could be better. Tough to get to know people in other divisions.

Find ways to promote inter-departmental socialization.

DSW is a great company but they need to hire better managers!!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at DSW part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good employee discount! Ok pay.

Cons

HORRIBLE management!!!!! All of them are very unprofessional!!!! They don't care about anybody and they have a nasty attitude!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for DSW