DSW

There are newer employer reviews for DSW

I love DSW

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC

I have been working at DSW part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are wonderful people that work at my location. Also the discount of 30% is pretty great. We even get that on top of the clearance price as well.

Cons

Can be slow at times. With no real tasks to do, the day can seem long. Not enough hours are given in my opinion.

Keep the initiatives, they are truly motivating!

531 Other Employee Reviews for DSW (View Most Recent)

Loved it!!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at DSW part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company and managers REALLY care about the employees and about the company. During my orientation, I was given so much information about the company. I had one main manager and three assistant managers. Every single one was always able to answer any of my questions and they never gave me a hard time. I felt very comfortable at work and communication was great. The scheduling was great. Schedules were emailed out a week in advance which made it easy to plan other activities around work and it also made it easy to get another associate to cover for you if you cannot work a day. Everything about the store was very organized and professional.

Cons

I was not told specific details of the dress code. Sometimes I wore the wrong shirt but I thought it would be fine. It it a bit annoying to always have to layer up in order to follow the code. Also ,my hours were always being cut. I would be scheduled for 28 hours but instead worked 17. The biggest thing I did not like was being fired. It was my fault for messing up my attendance. I had such a great time working at DSW and I would recommend this employer.

Best job to work at

I have been working at DSW

Pros

Some people are nice i like that they give you feed back on what you need to work on to better your self

Cons

Supervisors showing favoritisim to some of the employees and its not right

Keep doing what your doing you guys rock

There are newer employer reviews for DSW