DSW

There are newer employer reviews for DSW

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phila, PA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phila, PA

I have been working at DSW full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

30% discount which was great, co workers and customers were generally friendly

Cons

Not many opportunities of advancement

More promotions from with in

533 Other Employee Reviews for DSW (View Most Recent)

I love DSW

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC

I have been working at DSW part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are wonderful people that work at my location. Also the discount of 30% is pretty great. We even get that on top of the clearance price as well.

Cons

Can be slow at times. With no real tasks to do, the day can seem long. Not enough hours are given in my opinion.

Keep the initiatives, they are truly motivating!

Awful. Wish I could give zero stars.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plainville, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plainville, CT

I have been working at DSW part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Recovering shoes is better than recovering/folding clothes. This is the only pro. It's very easy and you get used to it fast.

Cons

-Managers have favorites

-The only people that get hours are the girls are the registers

-Managers will be rude to your face

-Senior management favored white employees over african americans and other minorities

-You are used for slave labor: vacuuming, scrubbing bathrooms, cleaning windows, cleaning registers, emptying garbage

-You are yelled at by management through the walkies for rewards. Can you imagine trying to do your work and have an annoying voice constantly yelling at you through your shift?

-You are told to harass customers for rewards, only to have those customers get mad at you for bothering them

-Management racially profiles customers: they NEVER tell us to go after the white customers, only the black and hispanic ones

-Management takes credit for your work

-Schedule is copied and pasted every week

-Managers will throw anyone and every one under the bus, including other managers

-Lack of communication: every manager has their own rules

-Lack of professionalism: store manager doesn't even have a college degree and acts like she is higher, mightier, and more deserving than all

-Store manager sits in the office all day, and eventually comes to the floor to pace around and tap shoe boxes, pretending to recover

-Store manager barks around orders, expects everyone to do work, yet all she does is sit and stare at the computer screen in the office

-Upper management takes out their life problems on us part time employees

-No matter how hard you work, your work will NEVER be recognized, even if you tell them

-Management can't spell properly when sending emails to other employees

-Management ridicules other associates through the walkies so everyone can hear

-They do not practice the company's values or behaviors

This company has its days numbered. Their sales are down 33 million dollars, and their stock is down 2.5%. Our entire district is underperforming and they are massively cutting hours. Serves them right. This company is a sinking ship.

It doesn't matter: you are in the position you are in because you belong there. Nothing anyone tells them is going to make them change. Enjoy walking the same aisles and doing the same monotonous work in a soul crushing environment until you retire. Misery loves company, and you will continue to put down others because you are too miserable about your lives. Have fun working at this ratchet shoe store in this ratchet location.

This company is a disgrace to America, and it will NEVER be "America's favorite place for work". EVER.

There are newer employer reviews for DSW