DSW

www.dsw.com
There are newer employer reviews for DSW

Your a long ways away from becoming Americas Favorite Place to Work

I have been working at DSW

Pros

- Great product at great value
- Competitive pay
- Company Growth

Cons

- contridictory procedures
- a thank you goes a long way
- upper management very disrespectful ( regional upwards)
- growth not based on metrics/performance but based on the likability factor

The field is confused and working under fear set procedures in place and dont come back in a month and say the discount code is too high, your pulling managers in thousand directions. Regionals stop flying off the handle and let managers run the stores, step in where needed. You say you want feedback but your not listening. Stop with the flavor of the month scenario it should not matter if the senior leadership team will like someone personally based off of looks or dress, are they getting job done. DSW is such a stressful place to work, its like your on stage acting out a role daily....we sell shoes.....allow us to.

516 Other Employee Reviews for DSW (View Most Recent)

Love this company; longest one I have worked for!!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at DSW

Pros

Communication with upper management; building relationships accross the board; truly sticks to their values.

Cons

Needs to continue to grow to sustain employee growth; success is based on U.S. economy at this time- they need to go international

Keep up the good work; I love that you do store visits so that we can connect with you as well.

Love my job with exceptions

I have been working at DSW

Pros

work/ life balance, flexable scheduling, recognition, relationships built with peers and customers, fun atmosphere, communication from management

Cons

workload sometimes feels too heavy to complete, the feeling that no matter how much you strive for great service levels, it nevers seems enough. The expectation of wowing all your customers is overwhelming. The customer dictates what they want and if they just want to shop, we should be allowed to let them with out being critized that we are not performing service to our customers.

Continue to look at ways to improve the company. I think we are headed in the right direction.
    understand that not all the customers that walk into our building want to wow'ed, they just want to shop in a non pressure environment, so we as associates should not be made to feel as if we are not doing our job if the customer gives us the cue they want to be left alone.

There are newer employer reviews for DSW