DSW

www.dsw.com

Your a long ways away from becoming Americas Favorite Place to Work

Pros

- Great product at great value
- Competitive pay
- Company Growth

Cons

- contridictory procedures
- a thank you goes a long way
- upper management very disrespectful ( regional upwards)
- growth not based on metrics/performance but based on the likability factor

The field is confused and working under fear set procedures in place and dont come back in a month and say the discount code is too high, your pulling managers in thousand directions. Regionals stop flying off the handle and let managers run the stores, step in where needed. You say you want feedback but your not listening. Stop with the flavor of the month scenario it should not matter if the senior leadership team will like someone personally based off of looks or dress, are they getting job done. DSW is such a stressful place to work, its like your on stage acting out a role daily....we sell shoes.....allow us to.

Other reviews for DSW

The senior management makes DSW is a very frustrating place to work.

Pros

DSW offers lots of benefits from other retailers. There are no clothes to fold or credit cards to sell. Most customers want to shop on their own. The customer service model is simple to execute. Most associates seem to like working there.

Cons

DSW is experiencing growing pains. It is very frustrating that they can not give us set policies to follow. They are so worried about upsetting customers that they send mixed messages to associates. GET REWARDS, but don't pressure the customer. YOUR DAMAGES ARE TOO HIGH, but why didn't you take that customer's worm shoes back. GET YOUR FREIGHT OUT THE SAME DAY, but don't use any extra payroll.

You hire managers to run multi-million dollar stores, let them manage them. If they can't do that, then maybe you have the wrong people. And give us a structured return policy to follow. It is very frustrating to have a moving target.

Love this company; longest one I have worked for!!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Communication with upper management; building relationships accross the board; truly sticks to their values.

Cons

Needs to continue to grow to sustain employee growth; success is based on U.S. economy at this time- they need to go international

Keep up the good work; I love that you do store visits so that we can connect with you as well.

There are newer employer reviews for DSW.

Worked for DSW? Contribute to the Community!