DTS

There are newer employer reviews for DTS

Many Global Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at DTS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's an exciting work environment as we touch just about every consumer-facing device around the world. Success and performance is rewarded, recognized and communicated to the rest of the employees on a regular basis. I've watched a lot of people move to the top of the organization in just a few years--pretty cool to watch. Lastly, this is a company that any employee can walk into the CEO's office and a have a conversation.

Cons

In some positions there is worldwide travel requirements so depending on if you like that or not, be prepared. Technology moves fast and we need to keep up.

We have a lot of employee monthly events at HQ but I think it would be great if we do more off-site events like Beach Day, a Dodger Game, volunteering for local community events as a team, etc..

19 Other Employee Reviews for DTS (View Most Recent)

Evolving with Potential

Current Employee - Director in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at DTS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

DTS is an organization that continues to evolve as part of a very aggressive business strategy. Employees are smart, creative, friendly. I have the opportunity to provide value and contribute- very important to me for job satisfaction. Management, for the most part, is willing to listen to different perspectives, and make decisions accordingly. I enjoy collaborating with a number of employees across the organization, as well. There is acknowledgement and effort to improve skills, processes and strategies for long term business success - a healthy sign that we know we need to continuously improve for DTS to win.

Cons

Change has been ongoing since I joined DTS. And not all of the change has been managed thoughtfully with consideration to impact beyond the immediate goals. Though improving, I would also like more candid communication and greater clarity regarding direction.

Keep focusing on the basics of continuous improvement.
    Put concerted effort into improving management capability.
    Do a better job managing the change.

Poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I worked at DTS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company with a strong vision

Cons

Confusing company to work for. Poor management, lacks leadership and lacks communication.

Disappointing to see that hard working employees who work hard, are proactive in their work ethic, and want to grow the business are eliminated while others who have no business being managers or leaders, are retained and probably promoted.

There are newer employer reviews for DTS