Large Company Benefits, Small Business Atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York, PA

I worked at DUECO, Inc.

Pros

Despite the company being nationwide, the branch office seemed a really familiar and friendly place to work. Getting to know everyone with whom you worked also afforded some valuable cross-training.

Cons

With few open positions at the branch office, period, the possibilities for promotion was non-existent. Small staff, lack of understanding of the extent and involvement of one anothers' responsibilities, all coupled with poor delegation of tasks (even to the point of excusing the receptionist from taking calls and handing that responsibility to an administrative assistant) made for much resentment as well as lack of respect for management. (One employee difficult to deal with, and who basically ran the show).

Advice to Management

Assess and examine who should handle which tasks, and management should be more open to complaints and suggestions for reassessment of responsibilities.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I totally enjoy working here because employees are really valued and customer relationships are strong

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at DUECO, Inc.

Pros

We have strong leadership that will likely be in place for the next two decades, so decisionmaking is done for the long term. Employees enjoy each other at work and outside of work, so the teamwork is strong. It's a learning culture with good tuition support and a record of promoting from within. The company cares about the communities it operates in and has a Green Team.

Cons

I initially thought benefits might not be competitive, but they really are

Advice to Management

Thanks for always reaching out to engage employees to help develop even better solutions. We appreciate that you listen.