There are newer employer reviews for DYONYX

A good outfit to work for

I worked at DYONYX

Pros

Pros:

Solid team
Very technical
Willing to work with you on most issues
Can do attitude
Great holiday parties
Home office very supportive when you need them

Cons

Cons:

Sometimes a little unfocused
Disconnect between home office, and remote contracts
Paybands based on the home office, vs location
Rotating PMs on contracts

Advice to Management

Most of the team is great to work with, but there are times where a contractor feels like there is no love from Houston.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Decent if you have the right manager...

Current Employee - AR Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - AR Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at DYONYX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DYONYX has the potential to become better. There have been many changes especially in our department which is finally working with a good, efficient team.

Cons

I agree with some of the other reviews regarding having processes (and sticking to them). It also gets disheartening when you are busy all day and you are busting your behind and working additional hours every week to make sure everything is done (and not getting paid because you are salary) and you see people come in at 8, 9 or 10am then leave at 4 or 4:30...or when you see people walking around and talking throughout the day or continuously "work from home" but take forever to respond to emails...etc. I work from home occasionally but I document every single thing I do so that there is no question. I also think there are people here (in management positions) who are unprofessional and lack integrity, but that is my opinion based on personal interactions/experience with them.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice but I will ask how and what the company will do to keep the employees excited, motivated and innovative...especially with all of the cut backs, lay offs...etc. Also, try to remember those of us who sometimes work 50-60 hours, not because we want to, but because we are working to meet your deadlines (and working with a bare team). We may be "back office" but we are just as important as employees who provide services.

On the Grow Again!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at DYONYX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have positioned themselves for growth and market leader in Cisco powered cloud. Just signed 3 new contracts!

Cons

Last 12 months of transition have been confusing at times trying to understand leadership's strategy but all the pieces have now fallen into place.

Advice to Management

Keep weeding out poor attitude and underperforming employees - they are not worth it.