There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

Good company to work for but poor benefits.

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

I enjoyed working with many talented individuals within the accounting group.

Cons

Poor career advancement. Opportunities within the accounting group are very limited. DaVita does not do a 401K match.

Advice to Management

Offer a 401K match to Teammates. Bonuses for rank & file employees is ridiculous - pretty much not existent.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Extremely Stressful - Over worked, under paid Facility Administrators

Current Employee - Facility Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Facility Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

Nice co-workers and they offer a good service to people struggling to live with kidney disease

Cons

Although they shout about work-life balance all the time - this doesn't seem to apply to Facility Adminsitrators, who are expected to go to bed with their cell phones nearby in case their 3:30 am opening PCT decides not to come into work. Then it means you start calling other workers at 3:40 AM to wake them and get them to come into work. You are essentially on call from 3:30 am 6 days a week, and expected to start addressing work issues at that time, no matter what. The vacation packages are horrible for an FA, even though we are considered managers. Our budgets shrink even more every year and we are expected to continually do more with less while keeping the safety of our patients at a high level. Impossible. A truly horrible, Extremely Stressful, place to work.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring RODs with more pedigree than experience, make sure the GFAs are actually doing some work and not expecting the FAs to cover for them. Increase FA vacation from 2 weeks to 3 or 4 because the stress level is much too high for that small amount of time off. A total of just 6 paid holidays, taken out of your vacation allocation is dreadful and shameful.

Not a bad place to work for healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

Flexibility When needed in an office envionment Good atmosphere to work at Telecommuting when you need it is a plus

Cons

Benefits are horrible the really need to fix this. No 401k match which is a downside Not many holidays observed

Advice to Management

Put a 401k match that would be a plus to attracting potential employees.I think an improvement on benefits would keep your employees .