Challenging

Current Employee - Pct in Gary, IN
Current Employee - Pct in Gary, IN

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

I really like the way Davita treats the patients and makes them come first. I also like their clinics they are very bright and inviting.

Cons

Davita is very political, it is all about who you know. Favortism is a big problem in Davita, and different standards for different people is a problem as well. I believe they give their FA's too much autonomy, an no accountablility on how they treat their staff.

Advice to Management

I think there should be peer evaluations and patient evaluations as well. The managers don't see all that goes on and sometimes they focus too much on one person.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Overworked, Stressed Out, Underappreciated, Horrible Management

Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

All of the wonderful patients. They are the reasons why I actually stay in the field of dialysis. They make my day.

Cons

Always short staffed & never enough supplies. Too many people think that they are managers & in charge. Negative attitudes from all of the staff. Nurses & techs speaking in other languages on the floor to each other. Too many cliques an bad mouthing of other employees.

Advice to Management

Get a manager who actually knows what they are doing, treats staff with respect & actually handles problems & doesn't stick their head in the sand when something happens.

Strong Culture, Great People

Former Employee - Manager, Process Engineering in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager, Process Engineering in Denver, CO

I worked at DaVita

Pros

1. Really strong people - smart, driven - especially at corporate level 2. Development opportunities/exit opportunities are great 3. Lots of learning, merit based promotions

Cons

1. Consulting is big in corporate, if you don't have that background hard to move up 2. MBA's are also highly valued - left DaVita to get one

Advice to Management

Wish they valued engineering skillset more, sometimes priorities change with little warning and some of the people in VP roles have a hard time managing expectations.