There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

Over-worked, under-appreciated, hypocritical regarding what they promise and what their actions actually are

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I worked at DaVita

Pros

My co workers were great, nothing much else to say

Cons

Lack of appreciation and respect for certain parts of IT, poor communication within the organization, overworked and expected to put in ridiculous amounts of after hours and on call time, unrealistic expectations that were not even communicated, was told to assume more control over certain aspects of the infrastructure and was happy to do so, but could not because of power hoarding individuals, no 401K match, hypocritical when it comes to the 'we care about our teammates' drivel from people services/upper mgmt, mgmt does not listen to people in the trenches (goes back to that respect thing), almost non-existent performance/merit increases, I could go on

reviews filtered by

Challenging

Current Employee - Pct in Gary, IN
    Current Employee - Pct in Gary, IN

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

I really like the way Davita treats the patients and makes them come first. I also like their clinics they are very bright and inviting.

Cons

Davita is very political, it is all about who you know. Favortism is a big problem in Davita, and different standards for different people is a problem as well. I believe they give their FA's too much autonomy, an no accountablility on how they treat their staff.

I think there should be peer evaluations and patient evaluations as well. The managers don't see all that goes on and sometimes they focus too much on one person.

Overworked, Stressed Out, Underappreciated, Horrible Management

Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at DaVita

Pros

All of the wonderful patients. They are the reasons why I actually stay in the field of dialysis. They make my day.

Cons

Always short staffed & never enough supplies. Too many people think that they are managers & in charge. Negative attitudes from all of the staff. Nurses & techs speaking in other languages on the floor to each other. Too many cliques an bad mouthing of other employees.

Get a manager who actually knows what they are doing, treats staff with respect & actually handles problems & doesn't stick their head in the sand when something happens.

There are newer employer reviews for DaVita