DaVita

There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

Good teamwork

Former Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Austin, TX

I worked at DaVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good sense of teamwork, opportunity to really get to know patients because they come in 3 times a week.

Cons

Shifts tend to run overtime. Work tasks can become monotonous and somewhat routine.

596 Other Employee Reviews for DaVita (View Most Recent)

can vary by location

Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

steady work with many overtime oppertunities

Cons

lack of teamwork at times

promote honest and prompt communication between all staff

Backstabbed!

Current Employee - Network Field Eng in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Network Field Eng in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

WAS a great company in 2002-2005

Cons

I have worked for this company for 10 years. I dedicated my life to this place. I gave up vacations, weekends and most nights. I was asked to start up a department and was given no staff, and next to no compensation. I lived the DaVita core values, until 7/12 when I was informed that my position had been eliminated. After all I had given up, I was pushed out by a new VP, Alan Cullop an IT hatchet man! There was no "team" or core values. They like to say "Village first, company second" and is as much bull_hit as it sounds. This company came in and cut several very long term employees for profit! This is a 7BILLION dollar company that has nickle and dimed us to death. For the last 6 years, I had been asked to "sacrifice" and take a 1% annual increase, while I have a 4 year old laptop that I use to death daily. I telecommute and at first, DaVita was paying my phone and internet bill, but that went away. Then I was asked to pay for the privilege of having a DaVita cell phone that I could be called on at any time, day or night...just ridiculous. I can go on and on, but you get the picture, a clikie bunch or jerks.

Your pursuit of more and more profit will kill this company. Kent Thiry WAS a good CEO when he cared for the employees, but as usual with these large enterprises, profit became more important that humans. My advise? Stop screwing good people!

There are newer employer reviews for DaVita