There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

Love my job!

Current Employee - Dialysis Nurse -LPN
Current Employee - Dialysis Nurse -LPN

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The patients are wonderful. You really get to know them when you spend so much time together. Great teamwork environment. Excellent training. Fair compensation and benfits. I really feel appreciated and heard with this company.

Cons

I really wish they offered a matching 401(k), though they say they are generous with bonuses and profit sharing instead.

Offer a matching 401(k)! Not all clinics are eligible for bonuses. Otherwise, fantastic job!

reviews filtered by

Coolade

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fat Wallets. Fast growing and lots of opportunity with decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Everyone is a VP and all of them are your boss. Your experience and education means nothing. Someone near the top already has all of the answers. Overkill on culture and Values rhetoric. What a smoke screen. Incredible pressure to sell your soul for the cause. If you're not in the cult, I mean click, it doesn't matter how hard you work or how deeply you profess your loyalty, they will work you to death, then bury you. On-call 24/7/365. Your manager is so far removed from what you do, that your fate is based on rumors from others who are even farther removed from what you do.. They spend a lot of time investigating hear say. Ambiguous requirements. No matching 401k, so why bother. If your good at shmoosing, this job is for you.

Stop canceling 1x1's. Read the reports I send you so that you know what your team does. Stop furthering your own cause for a minute. Fake like you care. Quality, not quantity.

Not the company it used to be...

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at DaVita full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work.... ten years ago.

Cons

Used to be a great place where you could feel you were making a difference. Once they hit the Fortune 500 it became all about staying there without a good strategy for growth. As a consequence the cuts have begun, people with long histories are losing jobs, perks and benefits are shrinking, and the culture that made the company so great is just a fading memory.

You've made your decisions, now live with them and throw away the culture. To keep touting it is hypocritical at this point.

There are newer employer reviews for DaVita