Love my job!

Current Employee - Dialysis Nurse -LPN
Current Employee - Dialysis Nurse -LPN

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The patients are wonderful. You really get to know them when you spend so much time together. Great teamwork environment. Excellent training. Fair compensation and benfits. I really feel appreciated and heard with this company.

Cons

I really wish they offered a matching 401(k), though they say they are generous with bonuses and profit sharing instead.

Advice to Management

Offer a matching 401(k)! Not all clinics are eligible for bonuses. Otherwise, fantastic job!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Coolade

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fat Wallets. Fast growing and lots of opportunity with decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Everyone is a VP and all of them are your boss. Your experience and education means nothing. Someone near the top already has all of the answers. Overkill on culture and Values rhetoric. What a smoke screen. Incredible pressure to sell your soul for the cause. If you're not in the cult, I mean click, it doesn't matter how hard you work or how deeply you profess your loyalty, they will work you to death, then bury you. On-call 24/7/365. Your manager is so far removed from what you do, that your fate is based on rumors from others who are even farther removed from what you do.. They spend a lot of time investigating hear say. Ambiguous requirements. No matching 401k, so why bother. If your good at shmoosing, this job is for you.

Advice to Management

Stop canceling 1x1's. Read the reports I send you so that you know what your team does. Stop furthering your own cause for a minute. Fake like you care. Quality, not quantity.

Think before you join..

Former Employee - Regional Operations Director
    Former Employee - Regional Operations Director

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High paced enviroment with a lot of good people.

Cons

Way over the top on culture. As the big wigs pat themselves on the back, the middle management are left trying to handle skeleton crews and counting 2x2's. I had a completely incompetent Divisional Vice President that nobody liked. However, he was never moved from his position. Funny how that is sometimes.

Advice to Management

Ask why people are leaving. I could have been retained, but nobody asked. It seems like the upper management are to concerned with making every cent per treatment and less concerned about the bottom line profit and keeping good management. Pay people equally.