DaVita

www.davita.com

The greatest kidney care company the world has ever seen!!

Current Employee - Charge Nurse  in  Jackson, TN
Current Employee - Charge Nurse in Jackson, TN

Pros

core values: service excellence, integrity, team,continued improvement, accountability, fulfilment, and fun;
teammates care for one another as well as the patients;
community service and involvement;
and again...FUN!!

Cons

tight budgets
limited hours in clinic for social workers and dietitians
monthly scoring for each facility that does not take into consideration special circumstances

lighten up and incorporate those core values on the business side

Other reviews for DaVita

DaVita IT

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Very good people to work. Everyone has a real passion for what they are doing.
    The company offers great training to it's teammates.

Cons

IT can never get ahead because the business partners feel empowered to make IT decisions. There is a huge lack of focus, direction, and IT strategy with little to no process.
    The whole notion that IT is always "RED" just sucks and I wish the leadership would help us turn it around.
    If you want to mature and be a technologist this is not the right place to work.

Learn to be more proactive versus reactive.

DaVita: 1. Show Up 2. Do Nothing 3. Profit.

Current Employee - File Clerk  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - File Clerk in Denver, CO

Pros

If you have a terrible work ethic, a love for chit-chat, an absolute need to be on Facebook every 5 minutes, and are drawn to cults than this is the company for you!

Cons

Work Culture - Terrible

Both the company and its employees continuously state that the work culture at DaVita is the best around, however I found it to be quite "cult-ish" and just generally annoying. It is mandatory to attend these over the top orientations where team building is emphasized heavily by using silly games that you would see children play. These games consisted of saying "fun-facts" about you, using childrens toys (which were referred to as "noise-makers") when you hear somthing "fun" or "exciting", rolling a giant foam dice and playing a terrible homemade edition of Jeopardy, and then receiving a certificate of completion with a candy bar. To top it off they handed out all of the information covered in the orientation which could have easily been read and understood in about an hour - however this session was ridiculously drawn out and lasted the entire work day, which is a complete waste of time.

Work Ethic - Poor

I have a strong work ethic but found the employees in my department wasting A LOT of time throughout the day, whether it be from walking around continuously, chatting excessively, chained to Facebook & YouTube, and making personal calls from their work phones (not cell phones).

Training - Poor

It took my department quite a bit of time to decide to train me on other tasks aside from the one (sorting paperwork and scanning this paperwork into their database) primary task I started out with. I really felt as though the department wasn't utilizing my skills efficiently. I didn't learn a new task for about 2.5 months, and when I was taught, it took me about an hour to learn and be comfortable with it, however I was made to sit with my trainer every day for a week. It ended up with me having to work more slowly than I would have while I was sitting with her because if I went too fast she ended up being confused and thinking I was making mistakes.

Ritual culling of poor performing employees.

There are newer employer reviews for DaVita.

Worked for DaVita? Contribute to the Community!