There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

Koolaide

Former Employee - Manager  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at DaVita full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training opportunities, special projects, mentoring

Cons

Endless initiatives, favoritism, push for using graduates from top tier MBA programs in cushy corpirate positions, low salaries, expensive benefits, no voice for field teammates.

Really listen to teammates. Management is stretched so thin that they are ineffective or at worst, not suited to the position. Stop favoritism among Directors and abuse of their power. Exit interview every teammate.

553 Other Employee Reviews for DaVita (View Most Recent)

Don't ever mention you don't like something being done at this company.....

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at DaVita full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people on the non-management/director/vice president level. In the two years I worked for Davita I made some really great connections and friends.

Cons

If you kiss enough butt and live the "Davita way" you will get promoted. If you say that you don't like or agree with a decision made by upper management you will be thrown under the bus. Management is so busy with meetings all day every day, they have no idea what is going on with their team. All Directors care about is their numbers looking better than the other teams, they don't care how or why. If your numbers are good, you're an awesome team, if not, that means you don't know what you are doing and you suck.

Back your team up, instead of making them feel like crap because metrics arent PERFECT appreciate them working their butts off anyways. There are so many factors in having the best numbers in the company and most of it is uncontrollable. You'll probably get let go for backing your team up, but at least you will have the respect of the people that really matter.

Watch what you say if you Value Your Job!

Former Employee - Acute RN
    Former Employee - Acute RN

I worked at DaVita full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the people I worked with, my team was the best, we worked our butts off to take care of our patients and patients are what matters! We did whatever it took to get the job done. Upper management had no idea what was going on at ground zero. All they cared about was the numbers…

Cons

Upper management at first was hiring managers in the field with medical backgrounds, then decided to have a brain lapse and hire management without any medical background but managerial experience, what a nightmare! They could not jump in and get their hands wet when we were in critical need of dialysis or help out in the field…they do not back up their employees for speaking up when things are wrong. Need to have monthly employee meetings so employees can air out their dirty laundry, get things out in the open….instead of the rumors…

Listen to your employees, the bottom dwellers, they work the hardest and are the ones in direct contact with your patients, try Undercover Boss, you might just learn something….

There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

Worked for DaVita? Contribute to the Community!